PSP 5.0 styles

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Esteemed Member

PSP 5.0 styles

Postby reptep » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 am

Help with loading styles.

I recently purchased some styles from Pete (I think some are aware of his website...London)
Anyway, I purchased a style pack 7. Once I downloaded, I extracted. However they have all gone into PSP4.5. I have both 4.5 and 5.0 on my machine.

It looks like it put "Pete's slide styles" into the list in 5.0 but didn't put any of the styles. I double click the fx (and I also click add in the slide style window). When I do this it says that the style already exists and ask me if I want to over-right it.

So now how do I get those into PSP5.0. I pull up each mask file seperatly(from the directly I extracted them to) but and try to add each one seperatly but still same thing happens.

Confused on what to do now.

Many Thanks
Todd

Re: PSP 5.0 styles

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:35 am

The styles should be there, so is it possible they're in a category you're not looking at? Have you tried having it display ALL styles and then looking through the list?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:44 am

YEs I did. I looked at all categorys and all layers and the style isn't in there. They ARE in 4.5

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:53 am

I guess it's time for a do-over. Go into v.4.5 and remove all the styles. Close the old version and then open v.5 and add the styles using its Manage screen.

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:01 am

They should be there assuming they were installed in the right location - I don't remember the path for W7, but under XP, they should be in the styles folder in this path (which may be a hidden folder on your system):
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Photodex\ProShow
That is where the public styles (.pxs files) should be going. There is also a styles folder down under the install directory for the stuff that comes with Producer. If that is where they got installed, then they will only show up in one version. You really don't want them getting installed under the install directory because if you install a new version of Producer, then they will be deleted/replaced. Originally, I think everything was getting installed under the install directory (back about version 4.x something), but that changed a while back. Make sure they are in the right folder and both versions should be able to see them.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:08 am

So even if they are 5.0 styles, they could show up in both versions?

Let me look at this when I get home tonight and see where they are going

Could I do a search for all pxs files and then drag the new ones into the correct fold for 5.0? Is so do you know what folder I would use for 5.0 to put them in?

Todd

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:17 am

You probably shouldn't start dragging files around. Just try the do-over, allowing Producer to place things where they should go. It will be happier, and you will too. :D

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:20 am

I would agree with Barbara and not start dragging files around. My point was that (at least on my system), there is nothing in that path that indicates which version of Producer it was for - that was why I was suspecting that perhaps they were placed in the wrong folder since they were only showing up in one version of Producer.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Ok guys. I took out all the stiles from 4.5. I opened 5.0 and double clicked on fx to lead. No luck. It loaded it into 4.5. .
I searched for all pxs files on my system. I found the ones I downloaded. When I wearch under property (Windows Vista) for the location and it just shows they are on the desktop. c:\Users\reptep\Desktop\pack07
I tried to double click on one and it loads it into 4.5

Sp now what would you suggest? I'm kind of compitant on the computer but......

Thx
Todd

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:17 pm

I'm plum out of ideas. No matter whether I add styles to 4.5 or to 5.0, those styles show up in both versions. It makes no sense that they aren't showing up for you.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 pm

I know. I even tried to drag one of the files over to my 5.0 directory under the styles folder and then pull up 5.0 to oad and still doesn't show up.

Unless Mikey has an idea, I may have to call them

Thanks Barbara

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm sure you suspect there's some tiny missed step or some unpushed button, and when you discover what it is, you'll smack yourself in the forehead and burst out laughing. Happens to me a lot. I had one this morning, as a matter of fact. :(

Barbara

Postby cherub » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Todd,
I don't know how you install styles normally. Do you import them through Producer, (through your ADD button) or do you do something else? And if you do something else, then what ? What is your procedure?

Let's try something else:
Unzip the zip file that you received to a new directory on your computer.
Double click on ONE style.
Are you getting a message asking you if you want to import the style into Producer?
What version of Producer is sending this message, do you know?

After you answer YES to this question, you can now look for this one style on your computer.
Styles are placed in Windows Vista or Win 7, in this directory:
C:\ProgramData\Photodex\ProShow\Styles\
Is the style that you just doubled clicked in that directory ?
If yes, open Producer 5, All categories, All sizes, and look for this one style. Now can you see it?

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:08 pm

I called Photdex while I was at work.

Why is it..you can work 2 days on something and can't get it to work.
Then when you get a rep on the fone, all of a sudden it works
I swear....pulling my hair and teeth out.
Everything is great now. Not sure what I did tonight than what I did the last 48 hours but it'sd working.

My extreme thank you's to you all. I hope someday I can have 1/2 of your klnowledge.

One qucik question...not relating to this but.....
Can you, in any way, get a show I have started in 4.5 over to 5.0? Now that I have 5.0 I just love the tilt and would love to do some of those styles on my show that is only 1/2 done

Thanks again
Todd

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Sure - just open the show in 5 (you might want to save a copy of what you had in 4.5 as "myshow_orig_45.psh" or something like that, but you should be able to open it in 5 with no problem.

mikey

Next

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates