slides with numbers

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

slides with numbers

Postby zacetnik » Sun May 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Hello everybody,

Im new here and im beginner with Proshow producer, soo i would like to ask you for a little help. I found a video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv1qEjS_ ... re=related, and i would like to do slides with numbers exactly like in it is in the video. How can i do that? I would like to know all the steps.
Thank you very much for the help :)

Re: slides with numbers

Postby cherub » Sun May 13, 2012 2:04 pm

It's a very nice effect, and works well in that show.

To achieve such effect you will need to use keyframes, both for the year numbers and for the pictures that appear at different stages of your slide.

I will describe the procedure for numbers only.

When you insert a caption and go to Caption Effects, notice that there are two keyframes (number 1 and number 2).
Number 1 represents the entrance point of the caption in the slide, and number 2 the exit from the slide. If you move (with your mouse) these keyframes to the right and to the left, you will be able to insert your caption exactly at the point in time that you need.

Notice also that underneath each keyframe there is a sign with the letter T. This enables you to choose the Transition by which your caption enters and exists the slide. Press on that T and choose for each caption a "Fly In Effect" and a "Fly Out" effect.
The example that you showed shows some simple fade at the beginning (Fly In effect) and for the Fly Out effect, I think he chose either Zoom In or Zoom In From Center.
If you grab the edges of that T sign, you will be able to prolong the effect for what ever time you like.

You will need to do this for every year that you want to show.
It is possible also to copy a caption and its effects by duplicating this caption and then changing the timing in the slide.
So, what I suggest is that you do just one caption, and when you are happy with the result, duplicate it, change the text and move it slightly to the right on your timeline, so that it starts when the first caption ends.
You will have to do this plenty of times, and also to synchronize the captions with the pictures that you want to show

Good luck!

Postby zacetnik » Mon May 14, 2012 11:50 am

oh, thank you very much for this; it was very very helpful. Soo, now i know how to do slides with numbers but i couldnt find how to put pictures in it, how to syhnorize. I would like to ask how to do that.
Thanks for help again ;)

Postby cherub » Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 pm

The principle of inserting pictures at specific times in your slide is the same as inserting captions, as I described above. You would need to work with keyframes.
Each picture that you insert in a slide has 2 keyframes at first - the beginning and the end.
You can add more keyframes if you want your pictures to do more than just to enter the slide and to leave it.

Look in the tutorials section of the forum. I'm sure you'll find several tutorials that explain keyframes.

As to "synchronizing" your numbers with the pictures - what I really meant is that you should use the same times for the years and for the pictures.

I'm sorry that I cannot give you a more detailed description for this, but you do need to understand how to work with keyframes in general, if you want to achieve this effect.

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates