DVD back to Proshow Producer

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

DVD back to Proshow Producer

Postby Luchito » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Hello , i want to know if it is possible put a show that has been burned in a disc DVD, back to producer (i have found new material i woul like enclose, and it is too much job do it all again) and then to continue managing it and finally burn a new disc dvd...Yes, NO...HOW?....Thanks a lot....Luchito

Re: DVD back to Proshow Producer

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:12 pm

No, yes and maybe ... how's that for an answer? It depends on how you created the DVD - if you included the source files on the DVD (I often do), then you should be able to get back. If you didn't save the source files (especially the .psh file) to the DVD, then you are mostly up a creek. That said, there are a couple of options, but nothing that will give you the full flexibility to modify the show by simply "adding things". What is stored on the DVD is a mpeg2 file - you can edit this file somewhat in Producer (although a video editor would be better), but there is not a lot you can do to it that would be "seamless". What typically goes on the DVD is just a video file (actually the .vob files) so none of the information required to rebuild the show exists there. Best thing to do with future shows is to create a directory for each show, put the resources you use in there (including the .psh file) and then build an ISO file which you then use to burn the DVD (using something like the free Imgburn). That way, you can always get back to make changes and with an ISO, it is easy to burn a new (or multiple) copies of the show if the need arises.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: DVD back to Proshow Producer

Postby Luchito » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks a lot, i´ll do in that way next time...

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates