Trouble with slide style image positions

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Trouble with slide style image positions

Postby Pauline Collins » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi Guys. Some of the built in or purchased Slide Styles are fantastic ut I have trouble with my images having half their heads out at the top and I don't know how to go in and adjust them. For example Styles Quad Four and the Car Window - sorry can't recall correct names. There are so many layers that I don't know which layer to correct as they have masks as well. Is their a size image that is best to use in landscape and portrait form.Is there tuts on how to adjust slide styles. Sorry to be such a pain. Photodex kindly answered my last problem of me not being able to render and burn a finished show. (for anyone interested - I was working with an external hard drive and that was the prob
Sincere thnks to anyone who can help me with my latest cry for help.
Cheers Pauine

Re: Trouble with slide style image positions

Postby anitaemile » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:23 am

Hi Pauline

I am not sure about Photodex styles, but for my styles I most often work with masks and images that have either a 4:3 ratio ( landscape oriented) or 3:4 ratio ( portrait oriented). But not all images have that ratio so you either adjust your image ratio ( in an outside editor) or you will have to change the zoom of the images behind a mask to fit it properly. You will only have to adjust the images you have used in a style , as all other layers are permanent and do not need adjusting. So go to the image layers and start with the first and second kf. If the original zoom was 100% and you adjust your image to 75% to make it fit nicely under the mask you know you will have to make the same kind of adjustments for every kf of that image layer . If the next original zoom is 80% you will have to change your zoom to (80x75:100)=60%. So far for fitting you image underneath a mask. I hope this will help you figure it out a bit.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:51 am

Another thing to look at is how the photos are set: Fill frame? Fit to frame? Fit to safe zone? I often find that, when possible, setting a photo to the next smaller size does the trick. Another thing that can help is using the Crop feature if, by chance, the style wants a landscape image and yours is portrait or the other way around. If it's a portrait, crop it so it has a landscape shape, and if the style wants a portrait and you have a landscape, crop the photo into a portrait shape.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Generally speaking, just go to each offending image and adjust the Pan-Y up or down. If there's an existing pan-y value, just ADD your adjustment to that value. So, if you have to more the image down by 9 and the existing pan-y is 15, then you want 24. If you need to move up, just subtract the distance you want to move the image up from the existing value. In this case, 15-9 = 6 (your new pan-y value).

Each image that needs adjustment up or down will need to be changed manually (I rather doubt Photodex has implemented any form of relative pan adjustments for duplicates of images). Depending on how the effect was built, you may find that you'll have to play (or scrub) the slide to see the changes you've added. In that case, you'll find yourself going back and forth a couple of times for each image needing changes. It should generally be something that is simple to do.

Again, depending on how the effect was built, you may not be able to directly/immediately see the adjustment to the image position as you make it (often because other layers above the one(s) you're interested in are in the way ... you could turn them off temporarily).

Now, if the image is masked, you don't want to move it too far up or down or you'll move the image edge into the masked area (which doesn't look all that cool). In that case, you'll want to ensure the pan-y adjustment does not move the image edge under the mask itself.

Details can get quite complicated depending on how the style was built. However, generally the above information should work fine.

If there are specifics that you need or want to discuss, drop me a line. I'd be glad to help.

Dale

BTW, the crop option that Barbara gave is a great one as it lets you define what part of the image is important to you. Just make sure you crop the image to the same aspect as the mask, if the image is underneath one. It works wonders!
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Pauline Collins » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Thank you so much Barbara amd Dale. I can always depend on you guys to help me You have so much in the past years too. Yes I have been bugging you for years :lol:

MERRY xMAS Pauline

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates