Slot Machine Style

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Valued Member

Slot Machine Style

Postby slideshowsandmore » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:18 am

Hi Everyone. I'm struggling with the Slot Machine Style. How can I see each of the 21 photos I place in that style so I can align them correctly?
Thanks,
Rosemary

Re: Slot Machine Style

Postby cherub » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:38 am

Hi Rosemary,
The Slot Machine slide style (by Photodex) is a very elaborate slide style, based on modifiers.
Because of this, you can't see the image in the regular preview, and in the usual way.

What is the exact problem Rosemary? what do you mean by aligning ?
If it's a zoom problem, I think that the easiest way for you, would be to crop the pictures either in Producer or in an external editor. Make sure you use Portrait (vertical) ratios, and the images will align properly.

Valued Member

Postby slideshowsandmore » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:55 am

Thanks for your quick reply. I was hoping I would just be able to drag the image to where I wanted it to play. But since I couldn't see where it was in the first place, I couldn't get it right despite my best estimations.

So, I guess I better 'get cropping.'

Thanks again!
Rosemary

Postby trulytango » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:10 am

Hi, Rosemary. I suggest you crop your images into rectangular/portrait shapes and have your subject or point of interest centrally positioned. If you crop well, then the slot machine slide style is a real crowd-pleaser!

Have fun, it will be worth the effort :D
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Valued Member

Postby slideshowsandmore » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks! Yes, cropped in PS...came out great!!

Postby strugglin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:19 pm

THANK YOU!!!

Postby L.B. » Sun May 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Can anyone provide some guidance on a question about the slot machine style?

I noticed that in a wide screen show that when using the slot machine style that the left and right slot frames are well outside of the safe area markings. When I preview on my monitor it looks great and everything seems to fit the screen well but I was wondering if those frames will be cut off in any way if played back on a widescreen TV or displayed via laptop on a projection screen.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Postby cherub » Sun May 05, 2013 9:36 pm

L.B. wrote:Can anyone provide some guidance on a question about the slot machine style?
I noticed that in a wide screen show that when using the slot machine style that the left and right slot frames are well outside of the safe area markings. When I preview on my monitor it looks great and everything seems to fit the screen well but I was wondering if those frames will be cut off in any way if played back on a widescreen TV or displayed via laptop on a projection screen.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The safe areas markings that you see in Producer, are just an approximation, and are given as an indication only. Each TV or projection screen, has its own "dead zones", where the image gets cut off. Some TVs have larger dead zones than others. I think that this issue is less crucial on widescreen plasma/LED TVs, than what it used to be on the old Standard (4x3) TVs, but it is still an issue that must be taken into consideration. Just to give you an example, one of my widescreen TVs, has a larger dead zone at the bottom of the screen, than on the top.

For short, it could be that some of the left and right edges of your pictures, will be cut off on some TVs, whereas on other TVs, they will look perfectly OK.

Postby L.B. » Mon May 06, 2013 4:26 am

cherub, thanks for the prompt reply. That explains things perfectly.

Postby heckydog » Mon May 06, 2013 5:22 am

. . . Just to give you an example, one of my widescreen TVs, has a larger dead zone at the bottom of the screen, than on the top.

Mona,

Both of my TV's have separate adjustments for position and size, both horizontally and vertically. You may be able to tweak your picture to correct or reduce some of those issues.

Joe

Postby cherub » Mon May 06, 2013 6:07 am

Thanks Joe.
I haven't noticed such settings on my TV, but I guess I'll have to look again.
It doesn't bother me during normal TV watching.

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates