Color Bar Sliding over photo

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Honorary ProShow PHD

Color Bar Sliding over photo

Postby Penny47 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi can anyone help me. I can not remember the name of the template that I used, but it had a sliding bar going from one side of the photo to the other changing the photo (I think) from black and white to color. This is going a long way back and was for PSP 3 Not 4. I am still using 3.? and would love to get this template again. I have done very little on PSP for the last year so am sort of starting again. I hope someone can help. Also hope I have posted this in the correct place.

Many thanks Penny

Re: Color Bar Sliding over photo

Postby CAPT VIDEO » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Havn't seen the effect you are refering to but I just did a show with what I think is similar to what you have in mind. I simply added a solid color layer and resized it to create the bar then set the motion to suit. You can fool around with the keyframes to fine tune the timing to your liking. I also use this same effect to highlite Text in a bolder manner, you see this effect all the time if you watch TV commercials, a great source for new ideas. It really is that simple. I don't know if this is exactly what you have in mind, but it should work.

Rick

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:46 am

Penny,
You could have this effect by having two layers with the same picture. One in color, the other desaturated to show as black and white. Make sure that the layer you are changing to is longer in duration than the one you are fading out. Use the appropriate proshow transition on the top layer as it transitions out and it will appear as the picture is going from black and white to color or vice versa, depending on how you have your layers arranged. I would give you the specific transition name, but I do not have ProShow installed on my laptop.

Let us know if you are having problems.

Regards,
-Vernon

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks Vernon, I will give that a try. I am going to spend a lot more time doing or trying to do shows now. I am having to learn all over again as I have or seem to have forgotten how to do stuff :-) But I am sure it will all come back to me. It has after all only been a year :-)

Penny

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates