Help with Filmstrip Border Style

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Valued Member

Help with Filmstrip Border Style

Postby BAD » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:49 am

I'm preparing a slideshow video for a club I belong to. Subject is a seven day dog rally. At one point, I want to introduce the dogs using the PSP slide style called Filmstrip. It has room for five landscape slides. Of course I have 17 dogs to introduce with close ups. I can use three slides (5 each) but I still have two more dogs. Is there a way to cut off the lasts slide to only show two dogs??? Or extend the strip to show all 17 dogs in one slide??

I selected the filmstrip because it is a cute way to into the stars of the show. Any ideas will be for altering the slide style or using a different style will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Barbara
PSP 7/PSE14/Dell XPS 8900\Canon Rebel XSi Sony DSC-HX50V

Re: Help with Filmstrip Border Style

Postby obeeone » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi Barbara

If you look at the style, you will see the film strip is a PNG image so you could edit it in a photo editing program to have the number of frames you want for the last slide. I think it would be easier to make it smaller (less frames) than increasing it. Then put it back into the style and adjust the number of photos it holds and pan time accordingly.

Carl.
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Help with Filmstrip Border Style

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:56 am

Barbara,
Another technique that you could use is to shorten the slide time using the Keyframe Editor. Jennifer over at Choice Backgrounds has done an excellent video tutorial that you might be able to use to shorten up the slide style. The other benefit is that once you have this technique, you can apply it in many other places. See her tutorial on the keyframe editor here:

http://learnproshow.blogspot.com/

By deleting the right layers and shortening the remaining appropriate layers, you can avoid rekeying difficult keyframes.

Regards,
-Vernon

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates