Zorro Transition Idea -- Need Help Please!

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Zorro Transition Idea -- Need Help Please!

Postby Lottiefla » Fri May 13, 2011 4:13 am

I am working on a Graduation show for my nephew using Prowshow Producer. There's this cute picture of him dressed in a ZORRO costume -- with a sword and a mask. I'd like the transition to be like he's cutting a Z into the picture with his sword --- like the old Zorro shows used to have. I have the idea but I have no clue how to make it happen! Can someone help? Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks to everyone who posts on Proshow Enthusiasts -- I've learned so much!

Re: Zorro Transition Idea -- Need Help Please!

Postby heckydog » Fri May 13, 2011 6:17 am

Is this what you had in mind for the final result?

What I did was make 3 copies of the original picture. The first copy gets the top slash, the second gets the top and diagonal slash, and the third copy gets the top, diagonal, and bottom slash. When run in order it looks like the Z is animated.

On the PSP timeline the original photo is 3 seconds long, the first two slash photos are .5 seconds long and the 3rd slash photo (below) was 3 or 4 seconds long. When run in PSP the animation looks like the old Zorro show, sort of :wink:

I used a photoshop plugin for simulating a paper tear. If you have something similar you could use an effect like that.

Joe

PS the original picture came from a google image search. the picture above is just a frame capture from PSP. I didn't try to add any other effects since I was only trying to show the Z cuts.
Last edited by heckydog on Fri May 13, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valued Member

Postby pja » Fri May 13, 2011 8:17 am

I think "heckydog" made a great suggestion. To compliment that, I would suggest to add a swishing "sword slicing through paper" sound. That would add to the "Z" images, the only thing is that it may take 3 sound bits, one for each slash. So you may need to create one sound file with the 3 slashing sounds on 1 file...

Just an idea...

Good luck..

Phil
Smile... why not! You are online and no one can see!

Postby Lottiefla » Sun May 15, 2011 10:01 am

This is why I love this forum! Thanks for the great suggestions both of you! I will use both ideas! Thank you!

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates