Filmstrip Slide Style on Two Consecutive Slides

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Filmstrip Slide Style on Two Consecutive Slides

Postby lvich » Mon May 02, 2011 6:10 am

I am using this slide stle but would like to run it with 10 pics so I set it up on two different slides with a 0 sec Cut transition between. I still get a little "jump" between the two filmstrips. Is there any way around this issue?

Re: Filmstrip Slide Style on Two Consecutive Slides

Postby cherub » Mon May 02, 2011 6:59 am

The use of a 0 time transition between 2 slides presumes that the ending of the first slide is identical with the beginning of the next slide.
Unfortunately this is not the case of the Filmstrip style made by Photodex.
The beginning and the end are quite different, and that is why you see the jump.
In other words - If you show x then y and then x again, you are bound to see jumps.

What you can do is either:
1. Prepare a new graphic file of the filmstrip that is for 10 pictures and recreate the style from scratch
This may take some time, and some planning, so it's not such a great idea.

2. A better idea, I think, is not to try to hide that there are 2 filmstrips. :D
Instead of hiding, try to emphasize the jump :D
Place a 3 seconds transition in between. Choose something with movement, that really shows that one filmstrip is being replaced with another one, and this should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Postby lvich » Mon May 02, 2011 7:33 am

I had thought about doing the whole thing manually but I like your idea about the obvious transition to replace the filmstrip with another one. Thanks for the idea!

Postby lvich » Mon May 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Excellent, got this one working well using the Shadowed Doors Closing transition!

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates