accordian template

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Esteemed Member

accordian template

Postby reptep » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:13 am

For Mike
(wasn't sure how else to contact but thru post)

Mike I just found a file you created a while ago for the accordian template. Tried to download from forum butall I get is an adobe file which will not open.

Is the wonderful template still available or am I just downloading wrong. I save link at....but all I get is an unopenable adobe file
Thx
Todd

Re: accordian template

Postby cherub » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:13 am

Hi Todd,

It shouldn't be an Adobe file. It should be a zip file.
Can you see on your computer the extension of the file (after the file name, do you see a dot and three letters ) ?

Postby debngar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:46 am

cherub wrote:Hi Todd,

It shouldn't be an Adobe file. It should be a zip file.
Can you see on your computer the extension of the file (after the file name, do you see a dot and three letters ) ?

If this a reference to the template posted here, it was one I happened to have shared:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8141

As you stated Mona, it's a zip file. I can't completely recall but seems that once unzipped, should probably be the template "pst" file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For Todd and others not familiar with the process:

Show>Show Template>Import>(find the file to import)

Then when the user wishes to get to the template:

Show>Show Template>Open Template - then choose the template you wish to open.

Hope that helps.

This is an old template by the way. It won't do well on wide screen. It would require some adjustment for that and also maybe some additional layers etc. I made this one in 2008 before switching over to making all my shows in wide screen.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:48 am

When I download the file, it comes across as
Accordian_3_choices_D_green.zip

So I click on the downloaded file and it takes me to where the file is . It will then show the file with the same name but lists it as a .pst file. When I click on the file it says it can not be opened because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded) It shows up as an adobe file.

So I try to go into PSP and download the template but it does not show up in the folder I download it to.

Postby debngar » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:56 am

reptep wrote:When I download the file, it comes across as
Accordian_3_choices_D_green.zip

So I click on the downloaded file and it takes me to where the file is . It will then show the file with the same name but lists it as a .pst file. When I click on the file it says it can not be opened because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded) It shows up as an adobe file.

So I try to go into PSP and download the template but it does not show up in the folder I download it to.

The file must be EXTRACTED (UNZIPPED) first. Just because you see it in the folder as a pst file doesn't make it usable yet. The file cannot be used until it's extracted and imported into Producer using the steps I described.

Right click on the zip file, choose extract and pay attention to where it is extracted to. Then open Producer and follow the steps I provided.
Debbie

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:02 am

Still won't work
I tried to extract the file and it shoots me back to the adobe pst file. From there it won't let me extract.
So thanks all for the info. I am just going to go ahead and make up my own style for widescreen based on this style

Todd

Postby tdew » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:17 am

I had forgotten about some of the really good templates that had been shared by members until this topic came up. I did make use of the accordian template. I think Todd may be skipping a step. If you just double click on the .pst file - the computer "THINKS" it's an Adobe file, but if you go in through ProShow and import the .pst file as Debbie explained, it is recognized as a template.

I made some adjustments for wide screen. The first and third work very well, but the middle one still needs a bit of work - or it's just a bit unusual.

Thanks to all who provided the member created files in the past.

Postby debngar » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:02 am

reptep wrote:Still won't work
I tried to extract the file and it shoots me back to the adobe pst file. From there it won't let me extract.
So thanks all for the info. I am just going to go ahead and make up my own style for widescreen based on this style

Todd

Sounds like you're still missing a step. The .PST file is not an Adobe file. PST = Pro Show Template

Do not double click on the file. This is not a step in the procedure.

The zipped file is inside a FOLDER with a zipper icon on it.

Once unzipped, the unzipped folder is where the usable .pst file is located. That's the one you MUST use for the IMPORTING during the steps provided in the post above for it to work.

EXTRACT the zipped folder as described.
This extracts the file (making it an UNZIPPED .pst file inside another folder). This is not an Adobe file and needs no further extraction.
Open Proshow
Follow steps as described.

If you wish to use other templates you find on the forum in that same section, you'll need to use this method else you'll continue to have the same trouble.

By the way, this is not a STYLE file. It's a TEMPLATE file. They are two different things.

Here's an older thread where you posed the same question with the same problem, oddly enough, exactly 1 year ago as of yesterday. :roll: :shock: The good thing is that you don't have to learn a different solution! :D

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14206&p=122554#p122424

Good Luck.
Debbie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:48 pm

A .pst file is also a MS Outlook file. Unless you import it into PSP, as Debbie has directed you, it will not work. If you double click on the .pst file, Outlook will try to open it and report it as 'corrupt'.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:56 am

All
I really appreciate all of you help

I download the file. It does come across as a zipped file.
I navigate to the location of the zipped file and click on extract all. It IMMEDIATELY opens a pdf file. That's it. Nothing more I can do with that file.
I

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:11 am

Ok never mind. I FINALLY got it to work and feel like an idiot.

Even though one of the files looked like an Adobe file, I went to PSP and tried to import it. For some reason, it accepted and download the template. Not sure why it would show up that way but it did and I now have this template. Lord....didn't think it was going to be such a mind boggler. It's just the way it was showing up as an adobe file, yet it really wasn't.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates