Spreading Lateral Display

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Spreading Lateral Display

Postby wilddove » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:21 am

Good Morning Folks!
I am having a little problem with something I would like to change in a slide style. In the Spreading Lateral Display - dark, I want to change the 4 "spreading" photos to 2 other pics of this same person.

In other words, there would be the Main Portrait in the center and then on either side - 2 copies of the other two pics would "spread laterally"

When I change one of the 4 spreading pics in layers options, all 4 spreading pics change to the same picture.

These layers are "LINKED" together somehow that I cannot find.

Can someone tell me how I can make them not automatically duplicate? Or if that is even possible?

Thanks so much for your help!

Debbie

Re: Spreading Lateral Display

Postby anitaemile » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:20 am

Debbie

What you can do is apply the same style three times on different pictures, so that you get the same slide style 3 times. You can now transfer the layers with the right images into the slide you want to use the effect on the same image. YOu will need to bring the layers to the same position as the one you are going to replace . Now remove the layers you want to replace with the ones you just imported.

Postby cherub » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:22 am

Hi Debbie,

It seems that Anita and me posted almost at the same time. Here is my answer - slightly different :D :D

Yes, you are absolutely correct. The images are linked because the slide is based on one image and 4 duplicates of the same image. No matter what image you insert, it will always duplicate by itself. This is how the style was built by Photodex and how styles based on duplicates are supposed to work as a rule.

What you want to do is to break the style somehow.

Here is a simple way:
Apply this style on three consecutive slides. In each slide use one of the 3 pictures that you need.
After you have 3 different slides, start deleting layers: In the fists slide delete all layers except the central.
In the second slide, delete the central layer and all layers on the right.
In the third slide, delete the central layer and all layers on the left.
When you are done, select all the three slides and right click. Choose the option "Combine Slides".
This will create a new slide exactly as you wanted: A central image and two different images on the sides.

Hope this helps,

Postby wilddove » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:25 am

Anita and Cherub,

THANK YOU So Much!! That did the trick!!

:-)

Deb

Postby im42n8 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:38 pm

This is a more technical approach to the same problem (but it is still simple).

Once a style has been loaded onto a slide, linked layers are linked with a special code. Each set of layers that is linked will have exactly the same code, unique from other sets of linked layers.

This code is found in the PSH file. The PSH file is the file you are using to build your show. I recommend working on a duplicate of the original PSH file (so, if you screw up you can use the original file to get your show back!).

Use a TEXT editor (Notepad, CEDIT, PEDIT, Crimson Edit, etc) to edit the file. It must be in text when saved. DO NOT USE M$ Word or WordPerfect (unless you don't mind gambling on your show!).

===========================

The line in question has the format of:
cell[x].images[y].templateImageId=z

Where
"x" is the slide number-1; "y" is the layer number-1; and "z" is a unique number (e.g., 423423234 or -343442211).
Note that this unique number z is going to be your link code. That is, all layers with a templateImageId of the same number will be linked together!
=============================

So, if the slide is 12, "x" will be 11. If the layer is 10, they "y" will be 9.

So, these 4 images below will be exactly the same. Replace one and all get replaced:
cell[1].images[5].template ImageId=323254115 (this is slide 2, layer 6)
cell[12].images[2].template ImageId=323254115 (this is slide 13, layer 3)
cell[14].images[8].template ImageId=323254115 (this is slide 15, layer 9)
cell[21].images[4].template ImageId=323254115 (this is slide 22, layer 5)

So, knowing this, you can change or remove the link code for the desired layers quickly and easily. This means you can make 2 of the images above link to each other and the other 2 to link to each other. When you change the image of on set, those 2 images will change. Then, you can change the other two to any other image you want.

If you are at all concerned with editing your source file, don't use this technique. However, if you're daring enough, and careful enough, and work on a COPY of your PSH file, this is a powerful little trick. (keep it under your hat! 8) )

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:44 pm

A surefire method for unlinking layers: http://proshowthink.wordpress.com/2010/ ... ide-style/

I learned the method from Photodex, and it's definitely a saver of one's sanity.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Another jem from Barbara.
regards.
pd

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates