Allocate one Slide Style to many slides

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Allocate one Slide Style to many slides

Postby Scorbi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:44 am

Hye

I'm newbie with ProShow Producer and try to create my first show from my wedding holiday. 8)

On each slide I'd like to show the IPTC headline and the IPTC city.
In a forum I figured out, to create a caption with \[iptc Caption] \[iptc City].
When I set the caption on my first slide and copy then this caption to all other slides, it doesn't work well.
On some slides the caption looks correctly and on some others I can't see the caption.
The reason is, that on the slides on which I can't see the caption, the caption it self is resized automatically in the length. (Bad Bug? :cry: )

So I try to create a slide style with the mentioned caption (\[iptc Caption] \[iptc City]).
But how can I allocate a slide style easily to many slides (on a created slide show)?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Sascha

Re: Allocate one Slide Style to many slides

Postby im42n8 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:47 pm

You can't copy a slide style from one slide to another . . . you need to apply the style to a slide and then copy that caption to multiple slides. Do a right click on the caption and select copy to other slides (I can't remember the exact text ... but it's implication is to other slides -- I'm not where I can look at the program right now). Anyway, then this dialog appears where you'll have a set of slide metaphors on the left which is the copy from and a column beside that which is the copy to side. The caption for the copy from for the selected slide should already be selected. Now, select the slides shown on the right to which you want the caption to go. Then select the appropriate copy option at the bottom of the dialog (copy, copy and close, etc).

That should do it for you. I'm not sure what the problem was in the first instance you tried (where the captions weren't exact duplicates)... but I'm also not sure how you copied.

There's an alternative option but it requires you do each slide separately. That's where you create a slide w/o image or graphic layers (such as gradients or solids). Create the caption you want and where you want it. Now, once it's all where you'd like it, copy the slide. Next, go to each slide that you want the caption(s) and Paste Into the slide. It won't replace anything but will copy the information onto the slide.

Well, that's a quick and dirty. Good luck. Hope that helped.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates