Problem with Images duplicating in Slide

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Problem with Images duplicating in Slide

Postby Pauline Collins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:32 pm

I put 6 Images in a Slide, holding Ctrl down as I add each. When I double click on the slide I find that some of the images have duplicated themselves. Is there something I am doing wrong or do I have a bug in my program?

I also have a problem finding Styles in the Catagories and All Catagories. I had them all there a couple of times and now I can't get them.
Hope someone can help me with these hick cups I am having. Am using 4.5
Cheers Pauline

Re: Problem with Images duplicating in Slide

Postby cherub » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Pauline,

In most of the styles, if images are duplicated, it is because the duplicates fulfill a certain function. For example, a blurred effect surrounding your main image, a shadow, a color effect. These duplicates may also move a bit differently than the original.
All this is necessary for achieving the desired graphic/artistic effect.
Without knowing what style you are trying to apply, I can't give you more details about each duplicate and duplicate.

If you want to make sure that the images are duplicated because this is how the styles works, and for no other reason, try the following:
Insert an empty slide in your show. Apply the desired style to this slide.
In the empty layers that you see, start dragging one image at a time and see what happens.
Personally I prefer this method for applying styles, because it gives you more control on which picture goes where.

To see all the styles installed on your computer, make sure that you have selected
Category > ALL Categories
Layers > ALL layers
Aspect Ratio > Match Show's Aspect Ratio OR All Aspect Ratio

Hope this helps,

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:45 am

Pauline, did you by any chance add each image separately using the control key without realizing the images previously selected were still selected? I do this periodically and annoy the devil out of myself because of it. The cure--particularly when the images aren't in a group where you can see them all at the same time in the file list--is to take your finger off the control key when you click the next image you want to drag into the slide. This deselects previously selected images. Then press the control key and drag.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 am

BarbaraC wrote:-snip- take your finger off the control key when you click the next image you want to drag into the slide. This deselects previously selected images. Then press the control key and drag.

Barbara

This is precisely what happens to me sometimes and as Barbara states, is the perfect cure for unwanted duplicates. I forget I have some other image clicked and low and behold I wind up with all sorts of other images in the slide without realizing it. Then I remember I had my finger on that control key! :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Pauline Collins » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:20 am

Thank you so much Barbara and Debbie for your help and you are right - I still have the previous files selected. You have both made my day. Big hugs to you both, Pauline

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates