Reinstalling Slide Styles After Upgrade

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Reinstalling Slide Styles After Upgrade

Postby ginger » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded V4.5 and installed it to a different directory (in case I wanted to revert back to the earlier version). After installing Producer 4.5.2949 (full version) I checked the number of styles with "All Categories, All Layers, All Ratios" and it said "Showing all 464 styles". Then I started to install the different Photodex style packs that I had purchased. After Stylepack 1 it said "Showing all 527 styles". After Stylepack 2 it said "Showing all 606 styles". After Stylepack 3, it STILL said "Showing all 606 styles". After Stylepack 4, it STILL said "Showing all 606 styles". Then, after installing the Grunge style pack, it said "Showing all 806 styles".

I reinstalled Stylepacks 3 and 4 twice, always closing Producer before each stylepack installation, then opening Producer after each one to see if it had updated the number of styles. (I did check several of the styles from these two stylepacks and I do seem to have them.)

Anyone have any idea what might be happening? I doubt that the stylepacks from 3 & 4 would be included for free in v4.5.2949, but I don't know what else to think. Not that I know what to do with the 806 styles I already show :shock: , but I'm curious why the total didn't change when I installed 3 & 4. Anyone else notice this problem?

Thanks,
ginger

Re: Reinstalling Slide Styles After Upgrade

Postby cherub » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi ginger,

First, you probably know by now that a new version has been just released: 4.51.3003
So, you should install this version and not 4.5.2949, because there are some improvements and additions.

From what version are you upgrading?
If you are upgrading from ver. 4.1, then you should not reinstall any of the style packs.
Producer 4.5 can automatically find all the installed styles on your computer, and will browse them when you first attempt to apply a style.

Sorry that I can't help you with the numbering of styles. I never attempted to count my styles. :D

Postby ginger » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:11 am

Hi Mona,

I did notice the new version. I must have just missed it by about 3 hours. I guess I'll uninstall 4.5 and install 4.51 since it seems to have fixed some bugs.

Yes, I'm upgrading from v4.1, but wasn't aware that I didn't need to install my purchased stylepacks. So you're saying that if I had already installed them in another version of Producer, then I don't need to install them again when I install a new version of Producer. Remember, this was the full version that I installed, not an upgrade from within Producer.

Thanks for being so helpful to everyone here on the forum!

ginger

Postby cherub » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:10 am

Hi ginger,

Yes, that's what I'm saying: No need to reinstall any of the style packs if you upgrade from version 4.1 and above.

Also, there is no difference between a "full" install and an upgrade. The process is exactly the same, and the files that you download from Photodex (pspro....exe) are exactly the same). There is no such thing as you said "upgrade from within Producer".

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates