Editing Slide Styles

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Esteemed Member

Editing Slide Styles

Postby kneedeep » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:29 am

Hi,

I am hoping that I can edited an existing Slide Style. "Oscillations" is a montages of 16 layers and captions. I have removed the captions layers, but now I have about a 2 second lead-in that is black, before the other layers show up. Can I do an "easy" move all "keyframes" for all layers. I am hoping that I can move all the layers keyframes up 2 second to fill-in the 2 second of black I now have. I know I can do it manually, but I am hoping for an easy way???

Thanks,

Re: Editing Slide Styles

Postby im42n8 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:01 pm

There are a number of entries in this forum on how to delete time from a slide w/o affecting keyframes timing.

Essentially, if you can look at the positioning of the existing keyframes by looking at the multilayer keyframes editor, you can see if there are any keyframes in that 1st 2 seconds or so. If not, it's simple.

In the slide options dialog Effects, Motion Effects, put a keyframe at the beginning of the slide time. Then delete the 2s (or however much time you want to remove). You MUST put the keyframe at the slide time because, if it's in the "transition in" region, any time you delete will be removed from the location of the keyframe to the end of the transition in region (which won't help you at all). When you've removed the time as described, all keyframes will shift left by the amount of time you've specified.

If there are keyframes within the 1st 2 seconds, you'll need to go to a layer that has keyframes in that time span. Then, delete time as described above from the start of the slide time to the keyframe. You'll have to find out what the keyframe in this area does because just deleting it may cause more harm than good. You need to know what it is doing before removing it so you know how to proceed.

Good luck. BTW, I have no idea how the style you're referencing works so I'm just giving general info.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Esteemed Member

Postby kneedeep » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Dale,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using a 16 layer style. I went to the multilayer keyframes editor and the only layers that start with the slide are the mask layers. So, I can move their keyframe to start at 2 seconds. That leave the first two second of the slide with no keyframes. I then went to the slide options dialog Effects, Motion Effects and put a keframe at the start of the slide, but I am sad to say, that I do not and could not find how to delete the 2 seconds :(

Postby im42n8 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:09 pm

You delete time by selecting a keyframe, right clicking, and selecting Add/Remove Time from Keyframe from the popup dialog. Enter the amount of time you want to remove and hit enter (or select OK). This removes time from the right side of the keyframe.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Esteemed Member

Postby kneedeep » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:14 am

Dale,

Hmmmm, I think I am not either explaining what I am trying to do or I am not getting what you are telling me :? I can do the right click on the keyframe and I get the option of setting the time or deleting it, but that did not move all the layers to the start of the slide.

Using "Oscillations" style, I have removed three layers and have 16 left. I would like to have the 16 layers stay in the current timing, but want them to start at the beginning of the slide. I have tired setting the number 1 keyframes to the set time of the slide, but that did not keep the timing sequence that I wanted to keep. It would help I could do some captures and post them here?

Postby im42n8 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:43 pm

If you want to keep the same slide time, then what you delete at the beginning must be added somewhere later, even if it's at the very end, or spread over the entire slide.

You can delete the time at the beginning of the slide time like described (and all keyframes should then slide left by the amount removed).

Then, change the slide time by the amount deleted. The result, however, will be a peanut butter spread of your keyframes . . . that is, they'll spread out equally along the slide time proportionate to the amount of time added. This is about the only way I know to change the time of all layers at the same time.

By definition, if you want all keyframes to start at the beginning of the slide, you have to either move all keyframes at once a layer at a time using a ALT DRAG for each layer or delete the time at the beginning of the slide time as described earlier (thereby impacting all layers at once). In each case the relative times of all keyframes remain the same (which is what I think you're after) ... especially if all layers were moved the exact same amount. Rather than moving keyframe 1 to the beginning of the slidetime, set the transition prior to the slide to 0, then delete the desired amount of time from kf1 and then set the transition back to what you want it to be or where it was.

... I'm not sure what you mean by "timing sequence."

Dale

Postby cherub » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Let's put in practice :D :D
I will give you exact instructions on how to change the style "Oscillations" by Photodex, so that if you remove the part of the text, all the other layers will start at the beginning of the slide.

Like you, I removed the captions and the first three layers that were forming the circle in the middle. I am left now with 20 layers only.
The recommended time to this style is 12 seconds, with transitions of 3 seconds.

First and foremost, change the transitions times of this slide to 0 (before and after) so that you can see what you are doing. You can put them back afterward.

Now, go to layer 5 which is named "Landscape Image 4".
In Motion Effects, drag keyframe 1 to the left, to the very beginning of the slide.
Right click on this keyframe (kf 1) and choose "Add/Remove time from keyframe"
Write a NEGATIVE value of 1.5 sec (that is -1.5) and press OK

Voila !
All the layers now start at the beginning of the slide !!! Your slide has now a duration of 10.5 seconds, instead of the original 12.
Now, you can put back those 3 sec. transitions.

Hope this helps :D

Esteemed Member

Postby kneedeep » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Cherub,

Thanks, I think I can follow that :) I will not be able to try until tomorrow, but I will let you know my out come.

Esteemed Member

Postby kneedeep » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:29 pm

Cherub,

Dale,

Thanks for you replies too, I think when Cherub mention to put the NEGATIVE value, that clicked for me.

So again, thanks for both of you.

Postby im42n8 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Obviously I was missing something as I described exactly what you needed to do. . . glad something finally clicked for you however.

You might want to refer to the manual that comes with the program (Help --> ProShow Help Documentation, or F1). Do a search for delete time (or something similar). The term keyframing comes up as one of the options. Select it. Next, look for an entry To Add or Remove Time in a Keyframe Pair." It gives 2 options for adding or removing time from a keyframe pair.

I know considering the manual is a not something too many people think of when using software but the manual that now comes with Producer is significantly better than it was in the past. It can actually be useful now (something it was not in the past) ...

As you gain more familiarity with the program things should become more 2nd nature to you. What seems complicated to you now will seem extremely simple in the not too distant future.

Dale

Postby robbz02 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:54 am

Hi all,
I followed Cherubs method and it worked on the Oscillations. Thanks. Having a bit of trouble applying the method to edit a different slide style and was wondering if anyone could help me with this please?! I wanted remove the beginning section including text from another slide style.

The one I want to remove a section from is Lights & Text. It's a 5 image layer slide, but I only want to keep the last 3 image layers which are in a different style to the first 2. .

So I need to remove the intro section up to just after the text disappears which includes two image layers.

But then the tricky part I think... I would like to add 2 more image layers in the same style as the remaining 3 image layers. Is this possible to do easily? While keeping times intact etc.

Thanks

Postby Magmatic » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:12 pm

robbz02 wrote:Having a bit of trouble applying the method to edit a different slide style and was wondering if anyone could help me with this please?!

It's been a while since you posted this, so maybe you've solved your own problem by now. I can't help much, not knowing the specifics of the style you mentioned.

But, reading this thread has made the light dawn on something that has eluded me: how to add or subtract slide time and not change the keyframes! I knew that you have to do it on a KF that is NOT in the transition zone (but did not know why). I would drag the end KF out of the transition zone, and then do the action.

But that method did not always work for me. Lots of times it would not change the slide by the amount of time I specified. I say 1 second; it does say, .637 seconds.

Now I see why. The add/subtract happens AFTER the KF involved. AND that KF has to be at least as far away from the transition as the time your adding or subtracting. If I didn't satisfy that requirement, it could only change by the amount of time up to the transition.

I guess I got that right.

It works similarly at the beginning of the slide. the KF has to be outside the transition zone. The add/subtract time will be done in the area after the KF.

I had never thought of adding a KF for the specific purpose of having something to add/subtract time from. And then delete it.

Thank you everybody!
David Shuford

Postby im42n8 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Maybe this would have helped: http://fpvp.wordpress.com/2011/04/28/ke ... move-time/

It should help those who might have a need to add/delete time to/from a keyframe

Dale

Postby Magmatic » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Oh, yes, that was very helpful. Thank you for that. It brought further nuances of which I was not aware.
David Shuford

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates