Host templates on the same site.

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Are you interested in this suggestion ?

Yes !!!
95%
Nope, thanks.
4%
What is a template ?!
1%

Total votes : 73
Valued Member

Host templates on the same site.

Postby thedom » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:53 pm

I thought it would be nice for you Proshow users to have a single place where you can upload and download templates.
And it would be convenient to have a sample of the purpose of each template.

Do you want me to create a section on my site where each of you who have created a template could host it there.

Creators of template can upload their files, the credit is for them of course, they can let their email for support, and they can describe themselves their template.
To upload a file, it's very simple. You just have to register on my site.

Once registered and logged in, there is a "upload" link at the top of the page.
After, just follow the instructions.

Just let me know what you think about this suggestion. :)
Tutorials, masks, demos, photoshop actions...Over 180 files already avalaible... and more to come! Please go visit http://www.thedom.fr/share

Valued Member

Postby thedom » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:16 pm

I guess 10 votes "Yesss !" are enough to start something. :D

So, I created it :
Proshow templates database

You can now upload your creations , or do it for already avalaible templates, just to start a reference base.

Please, take time to write a clear description and to choose a good image for thumbnail (300 pixels width please).
Don't forget that you have to register first before you can upload files.
Files are immediately published.

Good uploads ! :)
Tutorials, masks, demos, photoshop actions...Over 180 files already avalaible... and more to come! Please go visit http://www.thedom.fr/share

Postby GabBill » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:28 pm

Hey Dom,
I just registered. Thanx for making this area available to us. Can we upload any kind of files...masks..actions, ect,?

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Valued Member

Postby thedom » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:38 pm

No problem, with pleasure ! :)

Just be carefull to put your files in the good categorie.

The idea is to have a big database with the best files as possible, just to share. :D :D

Valued Member

Postby thedom » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:43 pm

I forgot to tell you :

- the maximul filesize (the file itself with its thumbnail) is 2 MB.

- you can "upload" a file by just providing a Link to a File hosted on your webspace by example.
In this case, there is no limit for the filesize.

- there is a counter of downloads for each file posted. People can rate the files and post comments (even guests).
It's very interesting to know what people like and for authors to improve their files.

Please, post files you're prood of and that can be useful for others.
I don't want quantity, I would like quality.

Thank you. :)

ben_d_hall

The links not working

Postby ben_d_hall » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:45 pm

I am not able to access the link, Did the link get moved :D

thedom wrote:I guess 10 votes "Yesss !" are enough to start something. :D

So, I created it :
Proshow templates database

You can now upload your creations , or do it for already avalaible templates, just to start a reference base.

Please, take time to write a clear description and to choose a good image for thumbnail (300 pixels width please).
Don't forget that you have to register first before you can upload files.
Files are immediately published.

Good uploads ! :)

dnavarrojr

Re: The links not working

Postby dnavarrojr » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:44 pm

ben_d_hall wrote:I am not able to access the link, Did the link get moved :D

Me either...

Valued Member

Postby thedom » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:58 am

I received an email three days ago to inform me that I was hosting a phishing site. :shock:
I thought it was a joke or an error. But they provided a link and I discovered that it was true.
I still don't know how "they" could upload those files in one of my directory...

In this mail, they told me to take appropriate measures too, what I did immediately by deleting all the suspicious files (uploaded the day before).
I posted an answer to swear that I didn't uploaded those files and I was not aware of it. They didn't answer and I thought everything was now fine.
But I had the surprise to see that I couldn't reach my website and couldn't access my ftp space.
I called the support and they told me that my account is now blacklisted, my files all deleted and I am not authorized to upload files any more.
They told me to send a mail of explanations to dedicated people who are in charge in case of abuse by clients.

That's why I do not have any idea when or if it will be even possible to put my site back.
:cry:

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:33 am

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with your site and your host.

It is bad when the innocent get blacklisted through no fault of their own. I wish you luck in getting your site reinstated.

If there is anything I can do to help in vouching for your site let me know.
Brian

ben_d_hall

Templates online

Postby ben_d_hall » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:39 am

I sure hope that they let you get your templates back on :? ...there is a site called www.mydatabus.com maybe we can have a login which we can post and we can all upload our files to there and download them and such.... They offer 5GB free. I use it and they do a good job..do you still have the templates on your computer? :lol:

woody1

Templates

Postby woody1 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:32 pm

Very good idea. Yes.

Postby nannybear » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:53 pm

Dom, I will vouch for , talk to , whatever I can do to help. Just let me know.....Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Valued Member

Postby dajon0510 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:08 pm

I appreciate the offer......
my question is why can there not be a spot on this forum
Just a spot where Templates & shows reside in addition to what is already being done.
??? a link at photodex site but easy to find a given show or template
perhaps each show given a star rating of some sort...& I like the idea of some small image that represents the show in some way
Because I do enjoy reading other responses & helpfull sugestions.....but sometimes its hard to remember who or what or where show was
This site is great for the encougement of seeing new to advanced shows
helping others improve in their quality......raising the standards for each of us
david

ben_d_hall

Postby ben_d_hall » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:05 am

dajon0510 wrote:I appreciate the offer......
my question is why can there not be a spot on this forum
Just a spot where Templates & shows reside in addition to what is already being done.
??? a link at photodex site but easy to find a given show or template
perhaps each show given a star rating of some sort...& I like the idea of some small image that represents the show in some way
Because I do enjoy reading other responses & helpfull sugestions.....but sometimes its hard to remember who or what or where show was
This site is great for the encougement of seeing new to advanced shows
helping others improve in their quality......raising the standards for each of us
david

Ya, I like that idea, good suggestion...Can we have a special folder of some sort :D

jotafl

Postby jotafl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:53 pm

sorry hasnt work out, but I am sure you guys will come up with a fix. Can't wait.

Next

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates