Trying to "reveal" a subject.

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Trying to "reveal" a subject.

Postby mangler » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:47 pm

I am trying to build a slide show where photos of people are revealed slowly, allowing the audience to guess who is in the photo. I would like to setup a handful of styles that are each a bit different - perhaps with one that starts out-of-focus and slowly gets in-focus - another made of small puzzle pieces that slowly form to reveal the subject - etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Trying to "reveal" a subject.

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:25 am

Another potential idea would be to zoom in on a feature (e.g. the eyes or the smile, profile, nose, etc.) and see if they can guess who it is. I f you can do Puzzle pieces, then you can apply some simple masks to hide portions of the picture that you do not want to show through.

If you had the time and wanted to go crazy, you could do a cut-out of the person and then show them in silhouette by changing the black point.

HTH,
-Vernon

Postby mangler » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 am

Thanks Veronica - I like that idea (sillouhette). Might try that.
Mark

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:05 pm

No problem Jughead :D . I think using the masks to hide everything but certain features (e.g. eyes, mouth, nose, ears, etc.) could be effective. Especially when you continue with a dissolve to reveal the rest of the person.

Regards,
-Veronica

Postby anitaemile » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:17 am

Mangler

If you work with Adobe Photoshop you can download an action ( free) from panox where you can have your image made into 25 separate images, apply a breeze to it etc. Very nifty. If you save every file separately you can than move them in on different times , have them come together and , if you prefer, leave separately as well. You can decide on which parts to enter the slide first, and for how long , before you start adding more parts. I used this technique in one of my travel templates and often make use of this feature in my shows.

Anita http://www.outsidethebox.name

Postby im42n8 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:57 pm

A really simple method is to use an adjustment layer that's been sized to the part of the person you want to slowly reveal (simple shapes: square, rectangle, circle, ellipse). The adjustment layer (all white) can be blurred (to soften the edges) or a small vignette applied (only to soften the edges). Then, the AL can be used to control the blur of the area beneath the it over time. I'm not at home at the moment but I think you can have nested ALs (pretty sure . . . but I don't use them very often). Anyway, if so, if you've sized it to the person, you can have multiple ALs going at once on a single image.

Likewise, you can use a mask to essentially do the same. If you use a mask, sized similarly as to the person, you'll need a copy of the image for each mask. Then, only the area under the grayscale mask is affected and all other parts of the image are effectively gone (your bottom layer will be the "master" image, the masks will be impacting only the are of interest, positioned over the face and changing blur or whatever. With the mask over the area of interest, you can zoom, color, blur, brighten, change opacity, etc w/o impacting the rest of the image (ALs can do all that too except for opacity)

Dale

Dale.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Oldguy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:56 am

Showing my ignorance, but what is the AL?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:24 am

AL = Adjustment Layer.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby Oldguy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Thank You!! I just couldn't figure it out!! LOL

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates