Psp 3 Templates in version 4

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Valued Member

Psp 3 Templates in version 4

Postby noddie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi
I am considering upgrading to version 4 from Psp3 and was wondering if my templates made for version 3 will work ok in version 4. It appears there are several new items in 4 ie: styles (do not know wot they are) and modifiers?.
Thanks for your help with this

Gwen :lol:
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand
Land of the Long white cloud

Re: Psp 3 Templates in version 4

Postby cherub » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi Gwen,

Yes, your templates from version 3+ will work in version 4+ with no problem.

The changes in ver. 4+ are ADDITIONS to Proshow, and do not interfere with the old features.
Styles and modifiers are additions.

You will receive a message that the show/template was created with an older version, and after you press on OK, everything will load in Producer 4+ just fine.

If you want some explanations about styles, modifiers and other changes in Producer 4+, download the new manual for Producer 4.1 from the Photodex site. It's a pdf file, and well worth reading. A comprehensive, and very well written manual. And, of course, there is the Help file of the program itself, also very good.

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi Mona
Thanks heaps for your reply and in depth detail. I am just left wondering now what styles actually are as they were not in ver 3, and after downloading the manual I am still in the dark a little about their use. Can you help guide me a little better, please.

Ta
Gwen :wink:
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Postby cherub » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 pm

Gwen,
To put it very simply, a style is a template for just one slide.
The big advantage of ProShow 4+ is that there is a very handy menu in the slide options, that lets you apply this style with just one click. The styles menu shows you a very good list with thumbnail previews, of all the styles that are installed on your computer, and lets you choose which one you wish to apply in a slide.
In addition, you can choose only styles that are for a given number of pictures, or to choose the kind of style by category of what it does.

The option of templates (for many slides) is still present in Producer 4+ and functions exactly as in all previous versions. There are no additions and no changes to this feature.

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Mona
Thanks once again, I understand this now and appreciate your time with this. Shall have to put it to the test.
Gwen
:D
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates