Frames for Special Occasions I

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Re: Frames for Special Occasions I

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Unfortunately as per reading in a professional photographer's magazine, most of the money to be made is on the lawyer's side. Often enough, the photographer is victimized twice: once by theft and once by lawyer.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby silverfox » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:57 pm

and yes they do go after little guys ...... not just big fish.

Postby rdurga » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Pl have a look at another frame for special occasions II:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3158367

It looks good as it is. I am trying to add some additional effects and I am having some issues with these additional effects. If I cannot figure them out, I seek guidance from the forum members. I have to do some editing work on some of the hearts in the background layer. If you observe carefully, you can see the edge on one of the hearts is not blurred out to mesh with the background.

Glass frame is created in producer with masking. You can see the background through the edges of the glass frame (not where the Giclee painted photo covers the frame). I thought this is a cool effect for the frames.

I have noticed that the discussion is deviating into royalty and copyrights issues. They are pertinent in our daily life. I am not an attorney and was an engineer doing projects in my active earning life.

I have started a separate link in general discussion to express your opinions on the subject “About royalty free and copyright material”. A person with legal background will be a great asset to the forum discussions.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14352

The reason for posting the incomplete frame is that you can have a look at the work in progress. Pl observe the background and you can see that it is a combination of elements like flower in the left corner, heart shaped stones or whatever all over the area, golden heart with a sinusoidal movement, three layered cake coming into the picture.

As you already know from my previous postings, I have not created any of these elements from the scratch except for the Giclee painting which is entirely done by me a few years back. It is one of my best photo paintings and I have a canvas print with real painting on it for texture. I will show the original photo for comparison at some other time.
Just like my previous postings of the frames, elements from several frames (extracted or modified) are assembled in producer. I do not mind sharing the sources of my frames except that you need some element of unknown to make them interesting. Besides, talking about photoshop editing and other work deviates from the work on producer. Once I am done with the frames, I may share those sources wherever I can find. Collection of the frames spans over a ten year period.

All of the frames I have whether they were bought or downloaded from the forum sources are free hold and were offered for my personal and commercial use. When I purchased them, I paid a few dollars. That is all I can afford. I have to be careful with my pocket book being retired. I am still using photoshop version 7 (ten years old).

Now about the frames posted:

This is the summary information I have from the vendor/s for the frames posted on the forum for free download for their personal use:
“You can use these images & templates royalty free
All the images & templates used here have been created by ourselves and other artists with their consent.
It does not infringe any Law of Copyright.”

When you pay only a few dollars for the product, you cannot ask for a la carte legal document covering safeguards for every eventuality. Even if you ask, you will not get it. Some vendors provided psd files for some of the frames. When somebody gives a psd file with all the element details, I cannot visualize how you can restrict its usage.

Ram

Postby rdurga » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi,

My purpose of posting these frames is to make more people to participate in creating good slideshows. Now I find that the effort is not worth it.

I have noticed the objections are from one specific group. They happened to be senior members of this forum. I am under the impression that more people visiting the site is good for business particularly if they have a better product to offer.

Unless there is a clear support for these frames from the members, I will defer my decision to offer these frames for free downloads.

I still believe what I have done with the frames is as per the vendor’s terms. I am not reselling them. I have done extensive work on them and used them in a specific program that is producer. I am promoting my work as business – may be it is nonprofit. It is still business.

Let us be a cordial group in a new year.

ram

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:22 am

BarbaraC wrote:Unfortunately as per reading in a professional photographer's magazine, most of the money to be made is on the lawyer's side. Often enough, the photographer is victimized twice: once by theft and once by lawyer.

Barbara

Barbara, you couldn't have said it better.

pd
regards.
pd

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:44 am

Ram, no one is picking on you! :D It's just that many of us worry about the legal aspects because there are those who, in all innocence, have ended up in trouble. No one wants this to happen to you. Our hearts are in the right place.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Barkingmad » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:55 am

Yup - that is what I tried to say in the other discussion thread that has now been started.
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby dcbyrne » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:50 am

Hello Ram,
You did a great job with the frame. Keep up the good work you are doing. I beleive your heart is also in the right place. If the frame was for sale I might think otherwise. I know for sure that some of the copyright remarks are from people that are truly concerned about you getting into trouble. The work you are doing with these frames is wonderful. I for one would like to see more of your work.

Postby rdurga » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:09 pm

tks dcbyrne

Most of the elements in these two special frames are from this vendor and here is his response:

I can work with the templates and sell to my clients.

If any of you interested in buying these templates from this vendor and modifying them ( like I did) to suit your needs, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WEDDING-ALBUM-PHOTO ... %26ps%3D63

ram

Postby rdurga » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:25 pm

Some more wedding album multilayered templates.

Pl have a look at these templates to get some ideas on how to frame your slideshows. I have not tried these frames but I have kept these frames in my files for reference and inspiration. Why reinvent the wheel?

You can use these frames for anniversaries, graduation or any special occasion. You can modify them to your heart’s content. They are not expensive considering how many frames with their elements available for you to rearrange the way you wanted and then apply special effects.

I am posting these references here for continuity and I am also posting in third party for easy reference.

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-WEDDING-ALBUM-PH ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/WEDDING-ALBUM-PHOTO ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/MULTILAYERED-PSD-WE ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/WEDDING-ALBUM-PHOTO ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SIMPLEITEM

ram

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi ram, gorgeous frames just gorgeous....please keep posting! :D
put your armor on ram and keep posting!

Postby rdurga » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:17 am

rdurga wrote:If any of you interested in buying these templates from this vendor and modifying them ( like I did) to suit your needs, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WEDDING-ALBUM-PHOTO ... %26ps%3D63

ram

Tks Chrissy for your encouraging words. Since you are in scrap booking, you will like these templates. They come in dvd format and prompt delivery.

Tks for other members who have sent me email. Appreciate your encouragement.

These templates are not copy and paste. These are sold for printing photos as frames with your favorite photo. It is my interpretation to use them for the slideshow. Some of the templates donot have elements on separate layers. You have to extract them. There is good amount of editing work in photoshop to reformat each element to suit HD format. You can read my thoughts about 16:9 HD format in the tutorial section. There may be easier ways to do HD format in producer like Dale and others suggested. Pl read about HD format in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14369&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

That is why I wanted to present these frames with the elements as slides in producer so that you will have an idea on how to incorporate these templates into slideshow. I was hoping that some of you will ask for clarifications and then I could explain. We got diverted into some other issues due to apprehensions from some senior members.

You need not purchase these templates. You can use them as guides/reference to frame your slides in your slideshow. You can see the end result how the frame or effect looks like. It saves you good amount of time for visualising how the slide looks like. If you are a graphic designer, you can do many wonders with these templates.

These templates are not for beginners in photoshop and in producer. You need lot of patience and time to work thru the frames with effects into slide show. You will be rewarded with a professional look in your slides.

ram

Previous

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates