Frames for Special Occasions I

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Frames for Special Occasions I

Postby rdurga » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:33 pm

Happy New Year

Pl have a look at my new Frame for Special Occasions:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3158128

I have added a video clip with masking layer and worked pretty good. For some strange reason, video clip didnot showup in the subsequent runs. I have deleted the video clip and reworked on the frame.

All the editing work is done in photoshop similar to my Holiday Frames. Bride in the photoframe was done as Giclee painting. As usual, modifiers are used to make the slide dynamic. Hope you like it.

Comments/suggestions are welcomes.

ram
Last edited by rdurga on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esteemed Member

Re: Frames for Special Occasions I

Postby Patricia_C » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi Ram,

I've tried several times to view this show. Everytime, presenter stops working. But I can watch other shows just fine. Don't know what could be the problem.

Regards,
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Postby cherub » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:16 pm

Ram,
I'm sure the members of the forum appreciate your frames very much. (This one, as well as all the others that you have posted).
May I suggest that if you wish to share your files with the members, perhaps it would be better to send them to Mike, so that he may post them in the section "Members created files" ?
And, if you don't want to share, then just post your shows in the "Sample Shows and Feedback" where we can all comment on them.

By my understanding, the section of "Tips & Tricks" is devoted to just that: some useful information or "how to" that you want to show us. I don't see any "tip" in your posts - just short shows.

Best wishes for 2010 ! :D

Postby rdurga » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi Patty,

I have tried the link for photodex just now. It worked for me without problem. If you find problems to view, pl let me know. I can post to photodex again.

It is a one slide frame that shows how you can split the frame into components and make it a dynamic frame. It is much easier to view the effect than explaining in words. I am still working on some more frames for special occasions. These can be used for weddings, graduations, anniversaries..... Being New Year's day, I have presented this slide. I will be offering for download to members and I am working on streamlining the process. I donot want these frames to float around internet with easy access.

I want the members to come up with their versions based on these frames. This is how we can better understand the producer with guidance from senior members.

ram

Postby rdurga » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:40 am

Hi,

Since some members have difficulty watching the slide on photodex, I have uploaded the slide again to photodex and edited the link. If you have problem viewing the slide, pl let me know.

The frame is prepared assembling different elements like flowers, bouquets, doves, rings, stars and a frame for the photo on a colored background layer. Each layer is added an effect where appropriate. Hue adjustments are made to the background layer to give different accent to the photo frames. I will be happy to answer any of your questions/querries.

I will be offering for download to members. I have acquired these frames and their elements thru purchase over the years. Most of the elements are improvised for producer.

Thanks for your interest in Holiday Frames. Around 50 members have downloaded the frames. For some, I have to provide the download which will be soon. Once the final batch of upload is complete with Holiday Frames, I will then offer the Frames for special occasions.

ram

Postby anitaemile » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:46 am

Ram

If you purchase templates, styles and show files you can't just give away their graphics to other people . Make sure you have permission from the creator of the designs .

Postby rdurga » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi anita,

Thanks for reminding.

I have checked and I do have the permission. Besides, I have improvised these frames to meet my requirements. All these frames are from my photoshop collection. Purchased templates, styles and show files are not part of this slide. All the effects are created by me with the knowledge I have acquired from this forum.

If you see the elements that go into the frame, they are simple day to day easily available material like flowers, bouquets... I have tons of this stuff from istockphoto and other sources which are royalty free and free to use to my liking. When in doubt, I do take permission from the source. I have used these frames in my earlier work without any difficulties. Many photographic studios do use these frames in some fashion for their clients.

Since I am retired and have lots of free time at hand, why not distribute some of my collections to promote this forum. I have noticed from other forums that if new info is not added on a regular basis, interest in the forum will go down and slowly winds up either due to lack of interest from the members or due to new technology.

ram

Postby anitaemile » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Ram

Good you checked. It's just you better be careful to give away files that might have copyrights when you provide freeware. You mentioned earlier that you had acquired these through purchases,
I have acquired these frames and their elements thru purchase over the years
. NIce of you to offer some free stuff though. I am sure many will appreciate.

Anita

Postby caganaudie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:06 pm

Interesting!

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:22 am

Ram, please take note that royalty-free doesn't always mean you can do whatever you like with an image. Remember that copyrights are still attached and remain so for at least 75 years from the point of creation. Even manipulating and changing the work of another won't keep you safe. Unless a person or company says you can distribute their wares without any further permission, be very, very careful!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:51 am

Giving it away is not necessarily permissible either since it still can infringe on the terms of use and the copyright holder. Buying royalty-free stuff and changing it does not give the "license holder" the right to do as they please with the stuff unless it specifically says that in the terms of use.

For instance, Digital Juice's terms of use for their "Compositor Toolkit" stuff is as follows:

http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/pr ... p?docid=58

2. The Data may be used, altered, or incorporated according to the guidelines described herein into any work (including broadcast, commercial, industrial, educational, and personal) that is created by YOU provided that work is not then sold or distributed as either a single background or effect or as part of any background/effects library, collection, set, or product.

7. You may not sell, sublicense, loan, give, or transfer any part of the Data or a copy thereof (except in accordance with the permitted use in a work created by you), to another person or company unless that person or company is also a licensee of this product.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby caganaudie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:28 am

Getting more interesting!

Can the "Recipient" of the altered works also be liable?

Ima

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:06 am

caganaudie wrote:Getting more interesting!

Can the "Recipient" of the altered works also be liable?

I suppose it's possible, but I've the feeling that it wouldn't be likely if we're looking at a small-potatoes kind of situation. Even if we were looking at someone who has taken Mickey Mouse, given him pointy ears, then sold this character to people who knew full well what it was, I can't imagine Disney going after every last person who purchased the revised Mickey. It doesn't make sense to even try. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby anitaemile » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah, that is kind of far fetched. My neighbor once was investigating Disney stuff that was being sold without license . They had a friend who is a patent attorney . Apparently big $$ in that business. They had to find all kinds of merchandise that was being sold at jewelers etc. They made good money finding these products and so I guess the fines were big cause all had to make money from this. Guess the big guys have money to go after knock offs from their copyrighted materials . Another friend had a colleague who was selling illegally downloaded movies . His computer was confiscated and although he ended up without being prosecuted , it could have ended quite nasty .

Postby Barkingmad » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Yeah, there must be big bucks in it ... I was chatting to a world renowned wildlife photographer on the phone some time back, about image theft on the web etc.... and he said that he had been contacted quite a few times by lawyers in America offering him their services... if there wasn't big bucks to be made ... they wouldn't be seeking out clients around the world who are likely to have had their images used without permission ....
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Next

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates