Paperclip template

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Paperclip template

Postby Lotus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:28 am

I received several messages asking for the picture file for the paperclip. It's incorporate into the psh file.
Go to producer, open paperclip psh file, drag one picture into the empty frame (for some reason it
defaults as picture #4). You won't be able to see this picture because it's buried in the empty frames.
Then go to layers, and select your pictures for layer #2 thru 6. Leave layer #1 alone. Layer 1 contains the
file of the paperclip - it's rather transparent so you only see the frame of the paperclip.
Hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13703

Re: Paperclip template

Postby cherub » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:59 am

Lotus wrote:I received several messages asking for the picture file for the paperclip. It's incorporate into the psh file.
Go to producer, open paperclip psh file, drag one picture into the empty frame (for some reason it
defaults as picture #4). You won't be able to see this picture because it's buried in the empty frames.
Then go to layers, and select your pictures for layer #2 thru 6. Leave layer #1 alone. Layer 1 contains the
file of the paperclip - it's rather transparent so you only see the frame of the paperclip.
Hope this helps.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13703

Hi Lotus,
Actually I was about to send you a pm too, also on the same subject :D

There is no such thing as you said: "the paperclip is incorporate into the psh file"
A psh file is a just text file that gives Producer all sorts of instructions - what to do with your show. For example, what files to take into the show, and from where.
A psh file does not carry any other file. It is not a container of any kind.

If you wish to share your template with the members of this forum, you must COLLECT THE SHOW FILES to a directory on your computer and zip that directory. That is what you should send to Mike - the zip file.

Alternatively, you could save it as a template in the format of pst. This is done in Producer.
However, you must take care to mark the paperclip png file as "non replaceable layer". This will ensure that this file will be saved together with your pst file.,

If your paper clip is done in just one slide, you can also save it as a style, also taking care to mark the paperclip png file as "non replaceable layer".
Export the style from within Producer (this will give you a pxs file), put it in a zip file and send it to Mike.

From what I could see, it is a very nice template, and I'm sure that everybody will like it :D :D

Esteemed Member

Postby mikemullett » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:38 am

Hi Lotus
Great template BUT where is the actual paperclip. My proshow shows it as "Untitled.tif". I guess I could create a *.png in Photoshop, but I guess you have alraedy done this. Just need to make it avaiable to th Forum

Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 am

For what it's worth, the psh file is simply a text file - you can open it in a normal text editor if you want and view the contents. It only contains settings and pointers to files - there are no actual files (images, sound etc) contained in a .psh file. You might want to view a simple show .psh file in notepad etc just for curiosity sake - it sometimes helps clarify things for me when I view the underlying parts for example.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:43 pm

I've uploaded a new ZIP file that contains a PNG file. Hopefully this fixes the problem.

Enjoy!

Mike

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates