Longer Templates

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Longer Templates

Postby anderson » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:08 am

I have looked at many of the templates and ProShow productions posted and found all to be exceptional, some more than others, of course.

All of the templates and shows that I have seen are quite short, however. I am wondering if there any ProShow users who produce longer slide shows and if so, if any would be interested in exchanging templates for longer shows.

I have put together a number of templates that I use that allow me to create long shows (I use these most often for wedding photos -- receptions, formals, etc).

Re: Longer Templates

Postby debngar » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:34 am

Are you saying you read the STICKY THREAD at the top of this PSP TEMPLATE section of the forum to find info on templates located in this forum that have been shared?

viewforum.php?f=16

To make a longer show or template, simply highlight a section of slides, copy and paste onto the end.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby anderson » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:43 pm

I tend to let the music background dictate the transition that is used; thus, just copying a section of a slide show and duplicating same does not work as the music suggests distinctive transitions. For example, I use a Mozart piano concerto (3rd movement) for one of my templates. One cannot simply duplicate sections, but, rather, one must allow the music to suggest the flow of the photos.

Postby cherub » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:11 am

anderson wrote:I tend to let the music background dictate the transition that is used; thus, just copying a section of a slide show and duplicating same does not work as the music suggests distinctive transitions. For example, I use a Mozart piano concerto (3rd movement) for one of my templates. One cannot simply duplicate sections, but, rather, one must allow the music to suggest the flow of the photos.

So the very long template that you are looking for, needs to work with Mozart's piano concerto, 3rd movement ? :D

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:40 am

Why not change slide duration and transitions wherever necessary to reflect the music? A template isn't chiseled in stone, so you can make those little adjustments that might be needed.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

adria

Postby adria » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:36 am

I'm a new user and would love any kind of plain and classy template to showcase photography and events. I don't want any background or graphics..is there a place to purchase these?. I also don't know how to change my slide order without trying to drag the slide all over. Can you change the number on the slide to change the order

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:06 pm

I'm a new user and would love any kind of plain and classy template to showcase photography and events. I don't want any background or graphics..is there a place to purchase these?

If you don't want a background or any graphics, there's no need for a template because without those two things, you have only your photos.
I also don't know how to change my slide order without trying to drag the slide all over. Can you change the number on the slide to change the order?

Dragging is pretty much it. :(

Barbara

Postby debngar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:28 pm

BarbaraC wrote:-snip-
I also don't know how to change my slide order without trying to drag the slide all over. Can you change the number on the slide to change the order?

Dragging is pretty much it. :(

Barbara

Highlight slides to select the ones to remove/move - Ctl-X removes the slides, click on the spot in the timeline where you want them to be pasted, then Ctl-V pastes them back into the slide timeline.

You can select non-contiguous slides by holding down the Ctl button when making the selections. :D

Works for me. Like you, I also don't like dragging the slides to another place if i don't have to.
Debbie

Postby debngar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:35 pm

adria wrote:-snip-I don't want any background or graphics..-snip

There is always some kind of "background", even if it's plain black. That is easily changed in the program though - either globally or by changing only a number of slides you desire.

A true background in the program is a static image of sorts and cannot be moved in any way. But a layer can be inserted to appear under other layers/images and function as a backdrop of sorts. Those can be images, solid colors, gradient, etc. and can be adjusted or set in motion like any other image layer using motion effect or adjustment effect functions in the program.
Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:03 pm

I also don't like dragging the slides to another place if i don't have to

Strange. I'd rather drag. Grab it and run fast with it.

Barbara

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates