Proshow Style Packs

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Proshow Style Packs

Postby netminder1980 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:34 pm

I am trying to buy the proshow style packs as a gift, however photodex requires an active registration to purchase them. Is there anyone that has the style packs that I could purchase from?

Thanks for any help in obtaining these,

Justin

Re: Proshow Style Packs

Postby Barkingmad » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:51 am

I don't think I understand the question ? but I am sure that if you contacted Photodex they would be able to help you purchase the style pack for a gift.
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby fuddsy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:52 am

I emailed Photodex regarding the same issue
However they said that you have to have a registered version of Producer 4
If you don't the only person that can purchase Style Pack2 is the one you are trying to buy
it for.....now that's real Un-American

Since then I have put my own purchase of Producer on hold and more than likely will not buy it......

What the heck SHIT HAPPENS :evil:

Postby lennyman » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Justin
I am confused why you are having a problem. In your post dated 26 June 2009 you said that you had just bought PSP v4 viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12324&p=99549#p99549
David

Postby Barkingmad » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:05 pm

He said that he had just got it, not that he had bought it ... perhaps he is still trying out the trial version ..
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby texan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:16 pm

It technically would be "illegal" for a member of this forum to SELL styles to anyone that have been purchased
from Photodex.

Photodex styles are copy righted; and members of the forum are not agents of Photodex.
Texan

Postby karenpoore » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Newbie here.
My thoughts are if you are purchasing a style pack as a gift then I assume the person receiving the gift has Producer 4 which this style pack is only compatible with then see if Photodex sells gift certificates then purchase the person one or give her a gift check to purchase it themselves.
Don't know ...
Karen in Austin

Postby sheldonk » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:31 pm

The reason Photodex does this is simple. There are cracked version of Proshow floating around the internet. Someone who gets a hold of a cracked PSP could then buy a copy of the style packs and for $40 they have quite a deal.

If someone has a cracked copy and really wants to use the style packs, this forces them to pony up for PSP.

I wouldn't hold that against Photodex!

Postby Deb » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:58 pm

HI Justin,

There are people on this forum that have created their own style packs which might be able to help you - unfortunately I don't know their details off hand but if you do a search for 'style packs', their posts should come up. However, if you really want the photodex style pack, you could just make up your own little gift certificate and enclose a cheque or make the purchase online with whoever you are buying it for. It's a pain but I guess Sheldon has a point ......

Great gift BTW :wink:

Postby cherub » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:16 pm

Deb wrote:HI Justin,

There are people on this forum that have created their own style packs which might be able to help you - unfortunately I don't know their details off hand ...Great gift BTW :wink:

This post might help ! :D

Listing of Styles Packs Vendors/Designers:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12156&p=97812&hilit=style+packs#p97812

Postby caganaudie » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:14 pm

Thank you for the list of 3rd Party Slide Style Vendors.

We understand why Photodex has instituted this policy, but it is not going to stop people from using illegal copies of of software if they are so inclined and they surely are not going to buy legal copy just to get a few slide styles regardless how good they are.

However since Photodex has instituted this policy, it would seem that there is a huge opportunity for 3rd party designers to create style packs similar or better than Photodex has to offer at similiar pricing. We would rather purchase from other than Photodex if we could get equal or better product in style, design and quality.

Support our members - they support us!

Jennifer aka "VidQueen" http://choicebackgroundsserver.com/index.php?cPath=2

Mona aka "Cherub" http://seemonasblog.blogspot.com/

Dale aka "im42n8" http://fenimorephotovideos.com/PSP/Proshow.html

Iris aka "TrulyTango" http://trulytangotemplates.wordpress.co ... how-packs/

Postby caganaudie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:40 am

Curious ... Has anyone converted EagleRay Template to slide styles, if so are they available?

ima

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm

caganaudie wrote:Curious ... Has anyone converted EagleRay Template to slide styles, if so are they available?

ima

I'm a little confused. Why would you want to do that? Most of the Eagle Ray moves occur over several slides. If you combined all of that on to one slide, it would work, but it would be really complicated. What is the gain?

Thanks,
-Vernon

Postby caganaudie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:44 pm

As I understand it, an action (or effect) occurs over several slides... combining those slides into a slide style to create action or effect.
The reason for my asking the question is that I have noticed that others have created slide styles to create the same effects that they offer in their templates.
But, I am a real newbie ... so ... Mona or Jennifer possibly could give us the answer if the EagleRay effects can be converted to slide styles.

Ima

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Ima,
A slide style is self contained in one slide. Most of the moves in the Eagle Rays template occurs over several slides. Yes, it is possible to create a slide style from the Template, but I go back to my original question, why? There is nothing to be gained by doing the conversion. I must not be understanding the issue. Sorry :cry: .

Regards,
-Vernon

Next

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates