Proshow Style Packs

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Re: Proshow Style Packs

Postby caganaudie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:55 pm

Same reason that vendors offer their templates both as templates and offer slide styles ............ and because I am a newbie and don't know better ...... still would like to hear from Mona or Jennifer on subject.
Just tryin' to learn ..........
Ima ....

Postby cherub » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi Ima,
As Vernon explained, a slide style is basically created to include all the motions and effects of just one slide.
A template can include many, many slides. There are advantages and disadvantages to each format.

I am not all that familiar with the Eagle Ray template, but I did use it once, a long time ago.
As I remember it, there are some effects there that are indeed suitable to be merged into one slide (with many layers) and to be converted to one slide style. That will solve the problem of the newbies knowing where an effect starts and ends. Also, it will solve the problem of the "linkage", IMHO.
However, in order to "cover" ALL the motions included for all those many pictures (200 or so?) into styles, one would need to make a complete "pack of styles" and then some.

On the other hand, there are other motions and effects in that template that are just based on simple slides with one full screen image, and the transitions between them. Those parts are not suitable to be converted into styles, because there is nothing sufficiently interesting in them. Style do not cover the transitions between the slides and that's their disadvantage. To unite those simple effects into one slide style, in which we convert everything into layers with transitions, would be, in my opinion, just an artificial thing, just so we may say that we made a style. That is not the purpose of a slide style.

Now, to answer your other question - why we offer both formats (styles and templates).
I can only answer for myself:
- Some of my clients did not upgrade to Producer 4.0 yet, so they do not have the option of styles.
- Some clients do not fancy styles. They prefer to see the whole show, how everything gets combined into a complete show, how transitions are applied, and so on. They find it easier to just copy a number of slides from a template and to replace the pictures. They also like to see all the graphic files that are attached to the styles, in one single place, easily accessible, and not hidden on their hard drive.
- Some effects cannot be converted into styles. They are based on a specific order of layers that gets changed only in between slides, and cannot be achieved within one slide, unless we repeat the same layer 4-5 times or even more. That's not a good solution, IMHO. It cumbers the slide for no good reason.

So, if I were to sum it up, I would say that parts of the Eagle Ray template can be converted into styles, while others are just not worth the trouble. They are better served in a template.

Hope this information helps a little.

Postby caganaudie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Thanks for replies ... and we totally agree with Mona, we were only interested in those which made sense to convert to styles ... since we do not like to use templates and like only some of effects in Eagle Ray ........... but we could sure do without them .............. and again THANKS for replies.............

Ima

Previous

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates