Help me learn Pro Show 4

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Help me learn Pro Show 4

Postby graphicsguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:57 am

I am looking for a Pro Show 4 user located in the greater Sacramento, CA area to work together with to learn ProShow 4. If you are interested please e-mail me at jim@squareonegraphics.com. Jim Cormier 530-637-1162.

Re: Help me learn Pro Show 4

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:46 am

Meanwhile, you can get some templates and maybe some styles. Use them and try to figure out how they work. There are keyframe tutorials (or stuff that's relatively close) on the forum to learn from too. Then, there are a number of other tutorials that teach you other aspects of the program.

Now, they may not be Producer 4 stuff BUT, the concepts are still extremely valid for the basics. You still have to move things around, you still add keyframes, images, layers, captions, etc to a show. You still use transitions. None of this has changed in ver 4.

Learn the basics. Then, ask a bunch of questions when you can't figure something out. Also, practice, practice, practice. This is invaluable! This is where you try new things. From moving an image across the screen to making it rotate as it goes across the screen to making it rotate and change size (from big to small to big again). Then, change the timing, add another image and see how to do it with two images ... start small, learn the basics and the rest will come!

Producer is easy to use. What's difficult is to put it all together well (complicated stuff that doesn't look complicated during the showing!)! That is, the timing is right with the music, the images are doing exactly what you want, you're using masks and keyframes and vignettes and it all looks natural.

Just keep trying new things and the rest will come. This forum is a resource of very talented folks from the basic to advanced. Someone will have an answer, typically. Several might have the same answer from multiple perspectives or different ways of doing the same thing!

Finally, have fun! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby graphicsguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Dale

Thanks for your reply and excellant advice. I anticipate having lots of fun mastering the Power of Pro Show 4. Any help from other members in this forum would be greatly appreciated.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:37 pm

Don't forget that Photodex also offers some online tutorials for a modest price if you get a 10 pack. See this link http://www.photodex.com/products/classes Also, don't forget that you can get personalized one on one instruction via a similar method from our very own Jan aka "NannyBear". Take a look here http://www.featherstonesolutions.com/tutoring.htm

Regards,
-Vernon

corelman

Re: Help learn Pro Show 4

Postby corelman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi All

I am learning Pro Show Producer one bite at a time. Last week Debbie Green from this forum who lives a couple cities away from me was nice enough to let me hire her for a four hour block of training in Producer. She really was a pleasure to learn from and obviously knows her subject. I look forward to more training from Debbie and learning more from the folks in this forum. Who knows someday I will be a contributing member of this awesome forum.

Thank you to all of you for being willing to share your knowledge with others,

Jim Cormier
AKA Graphicsguy

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates