Where are my custom templates hiding?

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Esteemed Member

Where are my custom templates hiding?

Postby Robino » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:13 am

I have made a few custom templates and name them and when I open ProShow they appear in my "Show Templates", however, when I go out to Program -> Photodex -> ProShow Producer -> Templates, they are not there - what is there, are templates that came with the system plus some I have downloaded from ProShow Enthusiasts. My custom templates have to be somewhere on my computer system to show up in ProShow when I open it up to start a new show-- right??? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, this has also happened to my friend that has the same program.

Thanks -Robin

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Where are my custom templates hiding?

Postby briancbb » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:48 am

Robin

Have tried doing a file search of your computer on one of your templates file names?
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:37 pm

Yes, I did.

Postby trulytango » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi

Templates are stored in two places... one of which you know about. The other is in C:Documents and Settings/username/*Application Data/Photodex/ProShow Producer/Templates

*Application data is a hidden folder - you may need to alter your personal prefs in order to view it.

Can I just say - Proshow does a good job taking care of templates - once created, you can just use Export to share with another person if that is why you are on the lookout for them? And likewise, to use a template created by another person - you simply use the Import feature to get them into your software.

Hope that helps
Iris

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Thank you, I finally found them with your help -- can I move them to the template folder under programs without any harm? I thought I was going crazy.

Postby BenM » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Truly Tango, I took a look at my Application Data folder and there is a LOT of interesting stuff in there. Thanks! I see there is a folder called dvdcss and it contains Proshow DVD subdirectories, all containing some small files. Do you know what they are?

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates