Install Dir for templates?

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Carloscda

Install Dir for templates?

Postby Carloscda » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:38 pm

I understand about where & how to install the .pst files. But I downloaded, Flipping Book 1&2 and Frames sparkles and a few others like those. Where do I put these files? Frames with sparkles are.pxs files. Flipping book have avi's.
The the other zip files have .png's, like the magnifying glass one.

Thanks in advanced!

Re: Install Dir for templates?

Postby cherub » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum,

The sticky post (the first post to appear in this section) has a good explanation about the different kinds of templates in this forum.

Templates can either be pst files, or complete psh shows.

Psh files usually come in zip files and include 3 directories: Audio, Video and Image. The member who uploaded these templates is giving his/her full show for you to study, and has "Collected the show" files from his/her computer. To use that kind of template, you need to open the show (the psh file) just as if it is a show that you created, and insert your own pictures in the blank frames (where it says "picture not found")

Pxs files are a different kind of template: just for a single slide.
They are called Slide Styles, and work only in Producer 4. To use them, you need to "import" them into your list of Styles first.

The Forum Book (which you can download from the Member Created Files section of this forum) has a good explanation about templates in Producer.

Hope this helps a bit.

Carloscda

Postby Carloscda » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Excellent.... Thank you :!:

Postby texan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:42 am

Proshow V4 creates a directory for Styles (Pxs files) when you install it. Just put ant pxs file into that directory and the next time you open PSP they'll be listed under styles.
Texan

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates