New to PSP

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

New to PSP

Postby tufunuf » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:59 am

Hi,

This is my first post.

I have been using ProShow Gold for a few years, but I have not used it as full capacity. So, I upgraded to PSP and feel VERY lost. :-)

I want to use some of the templates that you all so graciously provided. And, I do appreciate all the work and help that you continue to provide. It really helps people like me that are not that proficient in creating shows. Anyway, I want to use a template for a birthday show that I am going to do for a friend. The particular template is called "Slow Curling Effect", and I really like it.

Here is my problem. Not knowing anything about templates, I am lost when it comes to even placing the template into my show. I have some of the pictures in the show and some of the sound clips in, but when I downloaded the template that I want to use for this particular show, I am not understanding how to place it into the show! Now, I have found that I can open the template, right click on the icon, and "open with" PSP and it will open into a new show. But, if I try to drop and drag the icon into the show that I already have started, it will not work.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

I may be away form my computer for a while today, but I will check in when possible.

Thanks again for all the help you provide.

Tuf

Re: New to PSP

Postby trulytango » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:08 am

Hi Tuf... welcome to the world of PSP :D

The 'Slow Curling Effect' I posted in the member created files area is NOT actually a PSP template. It is simply a regular show file I shared so that anyone interested could open it and take a look at the settings I used to get the text to do what it does. Have a look and you'll see the file has the extension .psh and therefore you open it by going simply to File>Open from the main PSP menu.

If you want to include the sequence in the show of your own (the birthday one you have already started?), and presuming you have that birthday show already open in the timeline, you will need to continue in Project mode so you can have the slow curl show open at the same time as the birthday show. Go to Project>Add existing show to Project... you will be prompted to create a project by clicking Create Project. Immediately after that the Open Show File box will appear... navigate to where you have saved the Slow Curl effect.psh, select the file and click Open. The slow curl show will now be showing as a 2nd show with its own tab. You will be able to toggle between the two open shows by clicking on their relevant tabs.

Once the 2nd show is open you can copy the slide sequence and paste it anywhere you want in your own show. You can then customise it by changing the text etc.

Hope this makes sense to you?

TTFN
Iris

Re: New to PSP

Postby tufunuf » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:54 am

I understand. You can see why I said I "feel lost". I have a lot to learn. I will try to do as you instructed. You did a great job on the show. I really do like the effect and think it will be neat to use in the start of the birthday show.

Thank you very much. - Tuf

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates