Where to save templates???

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Esteemed Member

Where to save templates???

Postby Robino » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:51 pm

New to ProShow Producer 4 and my head is spinning - do I save templates in PROGRAM FILES -> PROTODEX -> PROSHOW PRODUCER-> TEMPLATES?

Thanks - Robin

Re: Where to save templates???

Postby Ron » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:58 pm

my head is spinning

Hi Robin
Welcome to the group, head spinning is a requirement here so you should fit right in. Yes that is the correct place to save templates (.pst files).
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby cherub » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Robin and welcome to the forum!

If you have a template in the form of a pst file:
The best procedure to use templates that you get from this forum or from other sources is to use Producer's own features. In this case: Import Template

So, after downloading and saving the template on your computer (and opened the zip file, if you got it in a zip file), open Producer and go to:

Show > Show Templates > Import Template

Navigate to the directory on your computer where you saved the template and double click on the pst file.

Your template is now being imported into your list of templates in Producer, and will be available to you anytime.

Templates imported this way are saved in:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Photodex\Proshow Producer\Templates\

("user" is of course your own user name)

The same directory is used when you create your own templates.

The directory that Richichi mentioned is used by Producer itself, as part of the program, when you install it.
Your own stuff is saved in the directory that I mentioned.

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:15 am

cherub wrote:
The same directory is used when you create your own templates.

The directory that Richichi mentioned is used by Producer itself, as part of the program, when you install it.
Your own stuff is saved in the directory that I mentioned.

Thanks -- is there a tutorial on how to make your own template? I am no where near doing that, just wondering.

Postby cherub » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:47 am

The best way for you to understand templates is by reading the Forum's book (in the section Members Created Files)
Download the pdf from there.
Although created for the previous version of Producer, it gives you the basics.

In Producer 4.0, you also have the option of creating Slide Styles, which is basically the same thing as a template, but for just one slide and not a whole show.

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates