In search of the right tune..

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
realeimages

In search of the right tune..

Postby realeimages » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:53 am

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on a song(with or without lyrics) that would be approriate for playing on a show that starts with childhood images (from the 1940's) and scrolls through adulthood (present day)... would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Re: In search of the right tune..

Postby marmart » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:57 am

I have some great old songs.....The very thought of you by Ella Fitzgerald is a great song, some Frank Sinatra songs would work also: I get a kick out of you, High Hopes, You make me feel so young, Rosemary Clooney As Time Goes by, and any of the old ones by Tony Bennett.

Mary

realeimages

Postby realeimages » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:37 pm

Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :) I'm going to go check those out right now! This board is so helpful! I hope I can be of assistance to someone someday..... it may be a loooooong way away... but someday! :)

Again.. thank you!

Postby christine81675 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:22 pm

How about "Memories are made of this" by Dean Martin. Awesome song, and appropriate too for what you described.

Lots of luck
-Christine

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:14 am

Here are 3 good ones:

The Times of Your Life by Paul Anka
In My Life by the Beatles
Memories by Elvis Presley
Last edited by nantory on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

realeimages

Postby realeimages » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Thank you all so much for the input. I went with High Hopes by Frank Sanatra for the slides of the young boy but now I need one similar and fitting for the slides of the young girl... something of that same time period fitting for a young girl. I'm thinking of some sort of lyrics making reference to a little angel or princess or something... I don't know.. something like that. Any suggestions appreciated! Thank you for the high hopes suggestion... I think that works well for the boy.

realeimages

Postby realeimages » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:03 pm

I think I'm going with "High Hopes" for the boy's section and "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" for the girls sectioin. We'll see how that works. I so deeply appreciate this board and the helpfulness of everyone!

Return to Music Discussion