60th Birthday

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
Esteemed Member

60th Birthday

Postby nantory » Thu May 29, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm looking for a song to start off a 60th birthday show for a man to go with the pictues from his younger years. I can't seem to come up with anything that works the way I want it to. Thanks.

Re: 60th Birthday

Postby HunnyB » Thu May 29, 2008 4:12 pm

I know I say this tooooo much, but it works for me.
Can you find out HIS favorite singer/song?
HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby debngar » Thu May 29, 2008 6:04 pm

I don't know how many younger year photos you have. But I just did a show for a guy who is turning 67 and only had 4 to work with in addition to some pics and video clips I took on the sly just recently.

If you would like to see how I utilized the 4 images and other pics, you can view the show through this thread. Maybe that will help.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7636

There is only 1 image from his teen years - the grad picture. The rest are current timeframe as his fiance only had a few to give me. So I just focused on the music of the mid to late 50's and went with that. Most people don't remember the music that was popular when they were babies/toddlers/youngsters but they do typically remember the music in their teen years.

I just had the final meeting a few moments ago with the person who hired me to do that show and she was really happy the way it turned out.

Debbie

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Fri May 30, 2008 4:40 am

Thanks Hunny, I know his favorite singer, but I'm looking for something to go with younger pictures and that doesn't work.

Great show Debbie, I have about 20 pictures from childhood and was looking for something appropriate for that age range that would fit with the rest of the songs.

Postby czali » Fri May 30, 2008 6:33 am

I really like to use an intrumental song if allowed. You can start listening to soundtracks from your fav movies and find some really good stuff. With older photos you alot of times do not need words to show the emtion.

Colleen

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Fri May 30, 2008 7:52 am

Thanks Colleen, I'll give that a try.

Postby czali » Fri May 30, 2008 9:07 am

No problem. Check out James Newton Howard, "I Want You" from French Kiss and his Suite from "My Best Friend's Wedding".

Goodluck!

Colleen

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri May 30, 2008 2:39 pm

nantory wrote:... I have about 20 pictures from childhood and was looking for something appropriate for that age range that would fit with the rest of the songs.

Personally, I'd be looking for music that suited the pictures, never mind the era. What's in the shots? Are they active or static? Happy? Funny?

For me, the show isn't the music--I want the viewers paying attention to the pictures. The audio sets or reinforces the content of the scene or storyline. That said, if you're going with commercial music then I'd be looking for instrumental music with a 50's "feel" that fit the mood of the pictures.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Fri May 30, 2008 4:30 pm

Thanks Dick, the pictures are mostly family shots of him with his parents and brothers and sisters, nothing fancy. Collen also suggested instrumental music, so I'll look into starting with that. Thanks again.

Return to Music Discussion