type of music for underwater show

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
el gringo

type of music for underwater show

Postby el gringo » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:08 am

i am preparing a PSP show covering about 300 photos of reef diving ....lots of beautiful fish, coral etc...and i really do not know which type of music would be best...any ideas, suggestions???

Postby czali » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:39 am

El Gringo,

What about the Little Mermaid sountrack? :D

colleen

el gringo

Postby el gringo » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:30 am

Pardon my ignorance....but i don't know it..will try to get it and listen. Tanks for your help

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:32 am

"Tiny Bubbles" ?? :wink:

"Jaws" always good for a laugh at the start too.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:56 pm

Unless I was going for a comic effect I'd use something bright but unobtrusive. Something in the so-called new age genre with whatever "feel" I wanted. Artists I'm familiar with that might work include:

David Arkenstone
George Winston (piano)
Keiko Matsui
Mannheim Steamroller
Ray Lynch
Andreas Vollenweider
Yanni (early stuff)
Friedemann
Cusco (Island Cruise maybe)
Tangerine Dream's Underwater Sunlight for something uptempo
Kitaro (Astral Voyage for something mysterious)

I prefer to mostly use music that complements the video but doesn't draw attention to itself unless I'm going for something to dramatize a scene or inject a little comedy. In that line, there's always "Yellow Submarine"

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi El Gringo,

Dick had some good ideas on music. I heard a song recently that I kinda got hooked on. It does have a more modern (soft) techno feel. "Into the Ocean", by Blue October. With 300 photos you will need several tracks. I might also throw in some "Sea of Love", by The Honey Drippers, it's a love song, but would fit well with your theme. Other wise I would agree with Dick's list, plus maybe add John Tesh.

_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

el gringo

Postby el gringo » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Thanks to everyone for their assistance. What a great forum!!!

el gringo

Postby el gringo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:39 pm

It might surprise everyone, but listening to quite a lot a pieces which i got on my HD, i choose....Romance N 1 OP40 and romance 2 OP 50 from L. Van Beethoven played at the violin by Itzhak Perlman. The two pieces are very soft with a beautiful melody which blend perfectly (in my opinion and taste) with the beauty of the underwater species, coral and color of the fishes.
Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Postby KellyInAz » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:48 pm

el gringo wrote:It might surprise everyone, but listening to quite a lot a pieces which i got on my HD, i choose....Romance N 1 OP40 and romance 2 OP 50 from L. Van Beethoven played at the violin by Itzhak Perlman. The two pieces are very soft with a beautiful melody which blend perfectly (in my opinion and taste) with the beauty of the underwater species, coral and color of the fishes.
Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Doesn't suprise me one bit. I would love it if you shared the show once you are done. I'm going to Roatan in a week and can't wait to see the beauty of the coral and fish!!

Kelly

el gringo

Postby el gringo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:20 am

Hi Kelly,

Show finished ....well for the moment as it is always subject to improvements as friends are viewing it. It is a 2.6 GB and would be pleased to share it but.....(don't tell everybody) how do i do that??

Postby KellyInAz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:45 am

el gringo wrote:Hi Kelly,

Show finished ....well for the moment as it is always subject to improvements as friends are viewing it. It is a 2.6 GB and would be pleased to share it but.....(don't tell everybody) how do i do that??

You need to upload your show to the Photodex site. You can do that by clicking on the share your show button in Proshow. Once it is uploaded copy and past the url to the show.

Hope that is clear enough. I'm not the best at describing things.

Kelly

el gringo

Postby el gringo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:32 pm

I started the uploading but it seems to take for ever..so i abandon. Is there a faster way of doing it other than going through the share show of the proshow box?
:lol:

Postby KellyInAz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:36 pm

el gringo wrote:I started the uploading but it seems to take for ever..so i abandon. Is there a faster way of doing it other than going through the share show of the proshow box?
:lol:

Not that I know of. It doesn't take too long if you have high speed internet. Or Photodex could be running slow at the time. OR your show may be very large.

Sorry it didn't work for you.

Kelly

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:49 pm

If you mean the DVD version is 2.6 gigs that is one thing - if
you meant the "sharing" version (.px) is 2.6 gigs, then that is
HUGE and you will find very few people would watch it even
if they could download it. If you did try uploading it with the
"create web show" button, it will first create a show by the
name of dpu???.px in your temp directory (on my XP machine, that
is C:\Documents and Settings\Mikey\Local Settings\Temp ) - you
can look at the size there and see how big the show is that you
would actually be uploading to share.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

el gringo

Postby el gringo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi Mickey and Kelly,
Thanks for the clarification. the DVD version is 2.6 gigs not the share show. One reason i think that the uploading is going very slow is that i am for the summer in a remote area in France and i only a dialup connection not ADSL. the show is about 20 minutes so it should not take too long to upload with ADSL when i am back in Keebee later.

El Gringo

Next

Return to Music Discussion