Free Music

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Postby Yanis » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:19 am

DickK wrote:The difference is major! What you're hearing are the mp3 index files--the same ones that will be loaded to your PC. The MP3s are fine for deciding what you want and that's their only purpose. They're not what you bought, per se. The software uses your selections to then extract the audio off the CD track as a WAV file--excellent sound quality on the CD and the same on your PC. Of course, the file can be large; your choice at that point to use the WAV file or turn it into whatever quality MP3 (or whatever) file you want to use.

So, in my (limited) experience the sound quality for the BackTraxx is just fine, as good as almost anything you'd pull off any other commercial recording.

Dick

As always, thanks for all your help!

Peace,
Yanis :D

jtfrazer

Postby jtfrazer » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:43 am

Hi,

I have BackTraxx 2 and BackTraxx 1 will arrive on Monday. It is great stuff as the others have said. I've also got a couple of the StackTraxx packs. I expect to use these tools a lot as I start marketing shows. Digital Juice stuff is top shelf!

As far as capturing songs from online radio, use of the songs in shows will still be a copyright violation so keep that in mind.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:49 pm

Something else you need to understand about BackTraxx is that you're not buying CDs of music, per se. This isn't stuff that you'd put on to listen to, well, you could but it would be weird :) You're buying lots and lots of audio clips, 5sec to a couple minutes or so. It's specifically for just the kind of use you intend for it -- audio background to video. That, in my mind, is where the "secret" value comes from--every one of the clips is a potential fit somewhere.

Catch their special sale and you get 25-30 CDs worth of such clips for <$100. Pennies per track and royalty free. That's why it's reasonable at the regular price and a real bargain at their sale price.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby weldr » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:52 pm

Digital Juice has a special today, 3 Stacks for $59.00. Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Postby Yanis » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:19 am

Greeting to all,

This article caught my attention.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17902329/

This may affect our respective dvd slideshow business.

Peace,

Jenn

Postby Jenn » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:22 pm

Yanis wrote:[
DJ has a Tuesday Special on Back Traxx for $99. I'm listening to some of the sample tracks, but I'm not quite convinced. The quality of the tracks aren't too impressive quality-wise.. However, there is a disclaimer that says "All tracks have been reduced in overall quality for demonstration purposes." How much of a difference is it after you bought it?

Tuesday Special? Do you mean every Tuesday?

jtfrazer

Postby jtfrazer » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi Jenn,

The Digital Juice specials are pretty random in nature. Your best bet, IMO, is to go to their website and sign up for their newsletter. The newsletter will inform you of whatever item or items are on sale for that day. I acquired one of the Editor's toolkit, a three pack of StackTraxx, both of the BackTraxx packages, all on sale days. I even received $25 gift certificates with the two BackTraxx packages. I just finished a Producer show where I used all of these tools. You can review their various products on their website and make a list of what you want, then watch the sales.

Jenn

Postby Jenn » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:29 am

Thanks Jim.

I did sign up for their newsletter several weeks ago, but I never received the email from them for me to confirm. I also added their address to my "friends" list in email. We use MailWasher which catches our email before it is sent from the server to our inbox, but it also contains a lot of spam so why not this one???

Jen

Yanis' quality question

Postby nannybear » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:41 am

I purchased Back traxx and the quality is excellent on my package....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:53 pm

I picked up a couple of Backtraxx discs on eBay pretty cheap. The quality is excellent, although going through all those songs to find the right one... :)

Postby nannybear » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:15 pm

Dave did you use the index disc??? I clued in to that and it made things alot easier...cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:27 pm

nannybear wrote:Dave did you use the index disc??? I clued in to that and it made things alot easier...cheers Jan

Yeah, but you still need to actually listen to them to get a feel. My problem now is that over the years I've purchased so many royalty free music sets that picking a song is almost the longest part of creating a show. :)

Previous

Return to Music Discussion