Music License Language

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
mokai28

Music License Language

Postby mokai28 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:44 am

Hello,

I have been reading posts on this forum and others looking for help with music licensing. There seems to be adequate debate over how soon the music police will show up at the door if you use unlicensed music in your slide show. As a photographer, I want to be paid for the use of my creative work and so I am willing to pay musician(s) for their work.

The slide show I am working on is for a non-profit group building a mountain bike park in Seattle, we need to raise some money and a short slide show that shows how we are converting a wasteland of mud and blackberry bushes into a park that connects neighborhoods and provides a dry place to ride mountain bikes hopefully will get a few people to open their wallets. How in Seattle do you provide a dry place to ride? You build the park under the Interstate 5 freeway! http://trailheadrevolution.com/wiki/ind ... ct_Page%21

I found a pleasing piece of music and contacted the artist, who operates as a private label and thus has control over terms. His first price is very reasonable, now we need to get some rights language so we can make a deal.

Any experience to share?

Return to Music Discussion