Music ideas?

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Music ideas?

Postby KellyInAz » Tue May 22, 2007 3:24 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have suggestions for this scenario? A teenage daughter is giving a slide show to her Mom for a 50th birthday. She wants me to use a country song, but is leaving it up to me. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Kelly :D

How country?

Postby dtpitts » Tue May 22, 2007 6:57 pm

Well... wonder how country it has to be? Some suggestions:

In My Daughter's Eyes- Martina McBride
Because you loved me- Celine Dion
Hero-Mariah Carey
I Turn To You- Christina Aguilera
You Decorated My Life- Kenny Rogers

If I think of more, I will let you know!
Teresa
:)

Re: How country?

Postby KellyInAz » Tue May 22, 2007 7:06 pm

dtpitts wrote:Well... wonder how country it has to be? Some suggestions:

In My Daughter's Eyes- Martina McBride
Because you loved me- Celine Dion
Hero-Mariah Carey
I Turn To You- Christina Aguilera
You Decorated My Life- Kenny Rogers

If I think of more, I will let you know!
Teresa
:)

Thanks for the suggestions! It does have to be a country artist though. Her favorites are Alan Jackson and Faith Hill, but they want it to be a slower song. Ugh, I hate it when I have to pick the music!!

sumgrl19

My two cents! :)

Postby sumgrl19 » Tue May 22, 2007 7:10 pm

I think the best choice would be Martina Mcbride's, "In My Daughter's Eyes" it is a beautiful and slow country song.

-Jessica

Re: My two cents! :)

Postby KellyInAz » Tue May 22, 2007 7:22 pm

sumgrl19 wrote:I think the best choice would be Martina Mcbride's, "In My Daughter's Eyes" it is a beautiful and slow country song.

-Jessica

I think you're right. At first I discounted that song because the show is about the Mom, not the daughter. But when you think about it, the song still fits.

Thanks so much!

Kelly

Postby czali » Wed May 23, 2007 8:56 am

Kelly,

There is a song that is so beautiful called "This is our life" by Mary Beth Maziarz. I do not know if it would be country but it is perfect to talk about a life of events. I know what you mean about the music. I obsess too much about it but it is so important to the show.

Colleen

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Wed May 23, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi Kel,
Well to me you have half of your answer knowing the country artists that the mother likes. How about Alan Jackson - Remember When, or Faith's - There you'll be. Depending on the photos, you may need a kleenix or two. It is difficult to do a slower country song without promoting the sentiment, what about an instrumental rather than a vocal? Go to one of the music sites and sample some of what you know the mother likes, I use Amazon.
Good luck!
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

Postby KellyInAz » Wed May 23, 2007 3:24 pm

czali wrote:Kelly,

There is a song that is so beautiful called "This is our life" by Mary Beth Maziarz. I do not know if it would be country but it is perfect to talk about a life of events. I know what you mean about the music. I obsess too much about it but it is so important to the show.

Colleen

Great song!! I'm sure I'll use it in the future. Probably not this show since it HAS to be country. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Kelly

Back to my obsessing. I think I'm over listening to all of the lyrics.

Return to Music Discussion