Anyone have "The Fountain" teaser music downloaded

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
teli-vision productions

Anyone have "The Fountain" teaser music downloaded

Postby teli-vision productions » Mon May 14, 2007 5:18 am

After a few days of trying to find the music from the Fountain teaser....

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thefountain/teaser1/

We need help with downloading the actual music. I can watch the teaser online, but can not get just the music. I tried to use the Audio Record Wizard, but you have to have the file saved on your computer to record it.??

If anyone can help by posting a link to the mp3 or explaining how to get the music off of the trailer - it would be a HUGE help!
Thanks in advance!

~Kristi

Postby heckydog » Mon May 14, 2007 8:14 am

I was able to record the audio using Audacity. You can get it here. It doesn't have to be saved on your computer to record it.

Your sound card has to be capable of recording what comes through your speakers.

There was a number of different trailers and teasers so I don't know which one in particular you wanted but I made an mp3 out of the shortest one, about 35 seconds long.

You can download that one HERE

link updated 8-27-09
Last edited by heckydog on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

teli-vision productions

Postby teli-vision productions » Mon May 14, 2007 11:49 am

heckydog -

YES! That is exactly the one I need. When I click your link a new window opens & a Quicktime loads and plays the file. Now - how do I get that file now saved to my computer?

I am sorry if there is a super simple way to do this that I am missing?!?

Postby czali » Mon May 14, 2007 12:02 pm

I just right clicked and saved target as. I think heckydog already made the mp3.

Colleen

teli-vision productions

Postby teli-vision productions » Mon May 14, 2007 12:14 pm

Okay - I used Audacity and it was much easier than I thought! Thanks so much for the quick replies!

Postby heckydog » Mon May 14, 2007 12:22 pm

teli-vision productions wrote:Okay - I used Audacity and it was much easier than I thought! Thanks so much for the quick replies!

:D Glad to hear that. Now you have another tool to add to your arsenal :wink:

czali wrote:I just right clicked and saved target as. I think heckydog already made the mp3.

Yep, easy as pie :)

Valued Member

Postby Hemo2 » Sat May 19, 2007 6:14 am

heckydog wrote:I was able to record the audio using Audacity. You can get it here. It doesn't have to be saved on your computer to record it.

Your sound card has to be capable of recording what comes through your speakers.

There was a number of different trailers and teasers so I don't know which one in particular you wanted but I made an mp3 out of the shortest one, about 35 seconds long.

You can download that one HERE

Heckydog, is there an easy way to determine if I can record what plays through my speakers? I thought I'd give this a try but I can't figure out how to determine this, nor can I figure out how to record what I play.

Keith

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sat May 19, 2007 6:25 am

If you have Win XP all you have to do is click on Start, then All Programs, then click Accessories, then Entertainment then Sound Recorder.....this little item will record anything you play through your speakers. All you have to do is save it. Make sure you start the sound recorder before you start your source so that you get all of what you want to record. Then after the source is done playing all you have to do is stop the recorder and save your recording....then you can edit it in audacity or whatever audio program you have to remove the extra silence at the beginning and end of the music.

Ben

Valued Member

Postby Hemo2 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:27 am

Thanks Ben. That worked. While doing some testing with it, I figured out what I was doing wrong initially. I was trying to record in my normal editor Goldwave, but I had my source set wrong. On my pc, I had to set the Recording source under the mixer properties to "Stereo Mix". I got to the properties by double clicking the speaker icon in the system tray. It's a pretty sensitive control on my computer and I had to set the level quite low to record audio that wasn't getting clipped, but it seems to work fine. I don't know if that's how others do it, but it worked well for me. Thanks again.

Keith

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sat May 19, 2007 10:03 am

Keith, Glad it worked for you. As for your normal editor, yes the source name is often where most people have trouble as it is different on certain computers depending on what kind of sound card or sound chip you have. On mine the source name is "What You Hear" and this is what I normally use within whatever editor I am using to record what I need. However Sound Recorder is always there in a pinch.

Ben

Re: Anyone have "The Fountain" teaser music downloaded

Postby GabBill » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:59 am

Hello all,
Does anyone still have access to this mp3 of the Fountain teaser?

Would much appreciate the help.

Thanx,
Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Postby heckydog » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:42 am

My original link is dead because I'm no longer with comcast, but here's a new link. Good until I change ISP's again :wink:

The Fountain

Right-click and Save As to download.

Joe

ps: updated original link - sheesh, have I been hanging around here THAT long? :lol:

Postby GabBill » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:00 am

Yes, it's been THAT long, Joe. Me, too. I knew it was around. Took me a while just to remember the name of the movie. I figured you changed ISPs when the link came up dead.

I really appreciate the quick response and the new link.

Thanx,
Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Return to Music Discussion