Where to install Digital Juice?

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
videogal

Where to install Digital Juice?

Postby videogal » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:00 am

Just got my first digital juice discs. Should I put the program on my main C Drive? Or the F storage drive?
Now I have ProShow & Premiere on the C drive and their content on the F drive. Both drives are about 320GB.
(really 298GB)

I thought I should put DJ program & files on the F drive but hubby says it should go on the C drive with other programs.

The discs are a mix of video & music.

How are you guys set up?

~videogal

Postby nannybear » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:17 am

I put all my programs on my C drive but all of my media files on my Z drive.....just my two cents...cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Re: Where to install Digital Juice?

Postby Yanis » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:20 am

videogal wrote:Just got my first digital juice discs. Should I put the program on my main C Drive? Or the F storage drive?
Now I have ProShow & Premiere on the C drive and their content on the F drive. Both drives are about 320GB.
(really 298GB)

I thought I should put DJ program & files on the F drive but hubby says it should go on the C drive with other programs.

The discs are a mix of video & music.

How are you guys set up?

~videogal

Greetings videogal,

Upon installing the program disc, accept the default directory. Usually it is C:\Program Files\Digital Juice... Although you can install the program files on another drive, it is highly recommended that you install them in C:\Program Files directory/folder. Windows at times have a problem with programs installed elsewhere.

In regards to your rendered data files, you can pick and choose what drive/folder to store them.

Hope this helps.

Peace,
Yanis :D

Valued Member

Postby Sigrid » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:06 am

Although I do not have any Digital Juice Products installed I know that Windows itself does not give a toss on what internal drive /partition you install any software. The c:\program folder is just a suggestion. And if the software needs to add files to a windows system directory it will do so regardless of where the program itself is installed. So, by all means go ahead and install where you find it best for your own needs. In fact there is quite a bit of software around that literally does not need proper installation at all.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Where to install Digital Juice?

Postby DickK » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:11 pm

videogal wrote:Just got my first digital juice discs. Should I put the program on my main C Drive? Or the F storage drive?... I thought I should put DJ program & files on the F drive but hubby says it should go on the C drive with other programs...

It will work either way. I'd put it where ever I had the most drive space.

Personally, I make it a general rule that all applications go on C. All data goes to F. The exception is for games in which case everything goes to F. Another exception was, in fact, the DJ stuff which I put on F because I knew that mostly what it would install was data. At least in the case of audio, DJ loads not only the program files (small) to where ever you point it but also the index (the MP3 samples) files to that location and those files eat up a lot more space than the program.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to Music Discussion