ProShow Web & Royalties Free Music

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

ProShow Web & Royalties Free Music

Postby Rick_Brown » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Can the Royalties Free music in the web version be used in either PSG or PSP? Why isn't this included in PSG /PSP software or at least be an option?

Re: ProShow Web & Royalties Free Music

Postby debngar » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:26 pm

This is just a guess but web service is continuous fee based service which helps pay for royalties to the musicians who contract with the company to allow use of their music. Photodex allows users to use the music within the constraints of the terms of use. Users only have license to use the music within the web service. Photodex does not own the rights to the music and cannot grant users to use it at will through the program probably due to the wording in the contracts they have with the musicians.

I may not have described the situation perfectly accurate but think it's close.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby debngar » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:32 pm

A web show can be taken into either Gold or Producer for further tweaking. But the music TOU says its intended use should be with shows created mainly through the web service.

Again, my wording is not a quote, but describes the situation as I understand it. If you have further questions, I'm sure Photodex support would be happy to answer them.
Debbie

Postby Rick_Brown » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:24 am

Thanks Debbie, understood.

I've been making use of the YouTube Royalties Free library, they're pretty damn good.

Do you think it's right I credit the artist (& maybe even YT)?

Postby debngar » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:49 am

I recommend reading/following each royalty free music company's terms of use as they are rarely the same. Sometimes the TOU varies between songs too.

I've never used YT music so I can't say specifically one way or another because I don't know their TOU requirements.

I usually include the title, artist and publishing company and/or licensing company I licensed the the music through to help avoid getting flagged. But that doesn't guarantee it won't happen and some songs still get flagged (usually by an unreputable company) which I then restate who I licensed the song through in my dispute to YT.

Good Luck
Debbie

Postby Rick_Brown » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:18 pm

Thanks again

Return to Music Discussion