Non copyrighted music suggestions

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Non copyrighted music suggestions

Postby ACELAPLACE » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:43 pm

I made a slideshow using photos and videos from my recent trip to Bora Bora. The yacht company I chartered with would like to use my show on their Facebook page. I do not have any tropical un-copyrighted music to add to the show. Are there any suggestions out there as to where I might find 12 minutes (3 songs) of upbeat tropical/Hawaiian non- copyrighted music? Would be great if it was free - or at least not too expensive since I am not charging for my video. Thanks

Re: Non copyrighted music suggestions

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Basically, all music created by someone else is copyrighted. What you are looking for is "Royalty Free" - search the forums here for a number of threads on that topic as well as many suggestions for sources. Be sure and read the license agreements - some are only licensed for home use, some for other things etc. There is no simple answer, but there are a number of sources out there of good either free or reasonably priced stuff.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:41 pm

What came to mind was be one of the complete CDs from Music2Hues. I happened to do a search on the website using "tropical" and came up with these:

http://www.music2hues.com/cart/flag/2_I ... opical.htm

After doing a quick survey of the list, the last collection (Trade WindsCategory) seemed to have some nice pieces. Though since I don't have a feel for what your show looks like, maybe one of the others listed on that page would do as well.

Some additional thoughts....
Since the Yacht company benefits from having a nice show advertising their service, the least they could do is to pay for the music used in the show so the show has good legit Royalty Free music that fits the production. It's still a great bargain for them. Even a non-profit organization was happy to pay for the music for a show I made for them a few years ago so they could use the show without worrying about copyright infringement in their presentations etc.

So rather than going in the hole and forking over the money for the music from your pocket, offering them a copy of the show for ability to use on FB and YT for the price of the music will run about $45. You maintain the royalty free music license (for the whole set) when you buy it and can use the music in other projects too. (Review the terms of use before purchase to be sure it fits your needs ). Draw up a simple agreement that states the show price and what they can use the show for and you may be good to go music wise.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby ACELAPLACE » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Thank you.

Postby AMD » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Try Jewel Beat. They have tracks for 99 cents each that aren't too bad. Don't know about tropical but do know that they have a lot of tracks.

I have some pretty good tropical tracks from Sonic Fire, also. I purchased most of mine when they were having sales.

Ann

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:17 am

Debbie brings up a really important point: The company will be benefiting from the work you do. At the very least, they should compensate you for any expense since they're already taking advantage of your services. After all, they didn't charge you zero for the trip, did they? Your time and effort have value too.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby ACELAPLACE » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Thanks again. Great information!

Postby Bevie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:29 am

Thanks for mentioning Music 2Hues Debbie I hadn't heard of them before :D Their pricing isn't too bad and their music is something I would be interested in. I especially like the fact that they have a downloadable PDF of all their track titles. Now I just need to make enough profit on a slideshow to be able to afford to buy music rather than use 'freebies' :lol:
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Return to Music Discussion