Song Request

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
sumgrl19

Song Request

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:15 pm

I am currently working on a christmas/tribute show of my great grandparents...and I would like to end with the song, "Have Yourselves a Merry Little Christmas" but the versions that I have...aren't very good. I was wondering if anyone had a good version of the song, preferable sung by a woman...if they could email me a copy....that would be great! Pretty Please!!!

Thanks!
Jessica

Postby marmart » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:29 pm

Hi Jessica,

I will look at my CD collection, I must have it - let ya know!

Mary

Postby marmart » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:34 pm

OK, I don't have it by a woman BUT I have an awesome version by Luther Vandross???

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:55 pm

Thanks for sending the file! I would really like to have a woman singing it...but if I can't find one by the time I need it...the one you sent is very nice!

Thanks!
Jessica

Postby marmart » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:56 pm

Good luck - hope you find one, let me know if you do. I thought for sure I had one by Amy Grant, but couldn't find it.

patches

Postby patches » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:28 pm

I have one by Crystal Galye if your interested.

patches

Postby KellyInAz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:04 pm

There are a ton of different versions/artists on Walmarts music download section. It's easy to download and only .88

Kelly

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:13 pm

Thanks...I will check out the walmart thing....

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:55 pm

Okay...so I ended up buying 2 songs from the Walmart site... But now I can't get them to open in Proshow or burn to a CD. Any suggestions? The music file is a .wma

Thanks!
Jessica

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:37 pm

<sigh> that's because the WMA format is protected so you can't do that. Legal issues aside there are a number of programs what will convert across file formats. Try google with "convert wma to mp3". Some are free, some are shareware ($).
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby KellyInAz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:56 pm

I use Windows Media player to burn a cd. It converts it for me, then I use the cd in my proshow. Windows Media player is a free download. I do this all the time. It's not convienient, but it works just fine.

Hope that helps.
Kelly

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:23 pm

DickK wrote:<sigh> that's because the WMA format is protected so you can't do that.

Here is what the Walmart site said when I downloaded the songs....

When I buy downloads from Walmart.com, what can I do with the music files?

By purchasing a music download, you can:
Download the music to 1 computer and back up music to 2 additional computers (see instructions below)
Make 10 burns to a CD
Make unlimited transfers to a portable device

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:25 pm

KellyInAz wrote:I use Windows Media player to burn a cd. It converts it for me, then I use the cd in my proshow. Windows Media player is a free download. I do this all the time. It's not convienient, but it works just fine.

Hope that helps.
Kelly

Kelly,

Thanks...I burned a cd using Windows Media...but now when I add the song (which is now a cda file) to Proshow nothing plays....

Nevermind! I knew that I must be forgetting something....I ripped the song to my music directory...and now it works! Yeah!

Thanks! I really appreciate your help!
Jessica

Postby KellyInAz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:33 pm

Jessica,

Are you using the cd or just the file? I insert the cd into my computer and extract it using PSP. I'm not the most technical person, but that is what I have done for over a year now and it has always worked. Let me know if this works for you, and if not I can ask my tech inclined husband :wink:

Kelly

Yeah! I'm glad you got it to work!! You'll have to post the show when you are done.
Last edited by KellyInAz on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:35 pm

Kelly...
Thanks for responding...I edited my message....probably right as you were typing yours! Thanks so much for your help!

-Jessica

Next

Return to Music Discussion