Royalty-free music

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Royalty-free music

Postby sasha123 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Hello... relatively new to the forums! I'm beating my head against a wall trying to sort out the best way to (quickly) find appropriate (and spectacular!) music tracks for clients' slideshows. Don't want to (and can't) spend an arm and a leg on a track when I am already probably under-sharging, and also don't want to have to worry about crediting artists in a show (in my mind, that takes away from the professional feel of the video). I came across Jewelbeats - does anyone at all have experience with them? Almost seems too good to be true (decent tracks at 99 cents) and I don't see a lot of reviews online. Anyone? Thanks!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Royalty-free music

Postby DickK » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:13 pm

There are a large number of threads in the Music subsection (where this thread has been moved) that discuss various music sites and the terms of use issues you need to watch out for. Search through there and see if that helps but don't hesitate to ask more questions.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Don100 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:59 pm

There are numerous sites which offer free music files that can be used for personal or business purposes. You must check each to see what your rights are. However, my favorite is Incompetech, by Kevin MacLeod. He provides an amazing range of music, sophisticated search options, and best of all, it is totally free. You only need to provide credit to him, the method for which he explains clearly. Here is the link: http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/.

Good luck with it.

Don

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:34 am

But check out my thread titled "Poor Kevin."Choose any of his classical pieces, and the Fox Agency will claim it's theirs. Let YouTube know what the piece is, giving them his web site and his name, and they'll release their claim in about a month.

Also, click on Slideshow Resources in my signature to get to a page that, amongst other things, has a good listing of sources for royalty-free music.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to Music Discussion