Switch to full style
Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
Post a reply

Surprise: YouTube actually responded

Thu May 03, 2012 9:19 am

I got notification this morning that my YouTube video ("Her Name" on The Playground) might contain "content that is owned or licensed by BFM Digital." I seriously doubted it since it was Taylor Hayward music that he released to the public domain. So I wrote, not only to YouTube, but also to BFM Digital. Lo and behold, I got an answer from BFM, which I thought was quite possible, and I also heard from someone at YouTube, which I thought might be impossible. The claim was being released.

I'm thinking the quick response might have been caused by writing to BFM, a company that's been beaten up a number of times for false claims caused by YouTube's somewhat flawed ID system.

Barbara

Re: Surprise: YouTube actually responded

Thu May 03, 2012 12:12 pm

wow !! You mean there are actually live people that read/respond to things there. Now there is a shock !

mikey

Thu May 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Oh, it might have been one of those moments in the universe when things come together just right. I wrote to YouTube at precisely the moment when someone there thought, "Gee, I haven't looked at anything since, oh, I don't know, maybe six months ago."

I've no confidence that it'll ever happen again.

Barbara

Thu May 03, 2012 3:22 pm

If I were you I would give serious thought to buying Lotto tickets today :lol:

mikey

Fri May 04, 2012 3:19 am

gpsmikey wrote:If I were you I would give serious thought to buying Lotto tickets today

The moment I buy one of those tickets, the stars go out of alignment. It's a government plot.

Barbara
Post a reply