ProShow Music

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

ProShow Music

Postby kayeb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:49 am

I have purchased several mediasources in the past that includes music. The music is a psa file type. Is there any way to convert that to an mp3 file? If so, how? I want to keep all that music in one folder.

Thanks for your help,

Kaye
Paint Shop Pro X7, Canon 70D, Panasonic DMCTZ5

Re: ProShow Music

Postby compass » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:32 am

If you play you psa file with proshow you can record it using audacity and save as mp3
Chris

Postby debngar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:44 am

kayeb wrote:I have purchased several mediasources in the past that includes music. The music is a psa file type. Is there any way to convert that to an mp3 file? If so, how? I want to keep all that music in one folder.

Thanks for your help,

Kaye

The music doesn't need to be in mp3 format to copy the files to another folder. When the show files are collected, the song file is copied to the show files "audio" folder anyways. It's still in that propriatary psa file format. Just copy the files to wherever you want them to be.

To answer your question though yes, there's probably a way to do that. But the TOU is why they put it in that exclusive format. They don't want users using the music for any other program because it would probably violate the TOU they agreed to when they bought the license from the artist. This is the way they are able to make it available to so many people at a low cost to the user.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby kayeb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks Chris and Debbie for your response. Yea, I knew you could copy to another folder but I didn't even think their music might be proprietary but that makes sense.

Kaye
Paint Shop Pro X7, Canon 70D, Panasonic DMCTZ5

Return to Music Discussion