Song ideas for Kennel slideshow

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Song ideas for Kennel slideshow

Postby judyfirth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:30 am

Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help me with suggestions on music to add to a slideshow I'm doing for a Kennel that holds both dogs & cats. They have it playing in their reception area for clients whilst booking in or picking up their pets.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Song ideas for Kennel slideshow

Postby Diane48 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 am

Hi Judy,
Sorry I don't have any suggestions for a song for you but it is great to see your picture. :)
I know someone will have some good ideas.

Cheers, Diane

Postby debngar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:48 am

judyfirth wrote:Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help me with suggestions on music to add to a slideshow I'm doing for a Kennel that holds both dogs & cats. They have it playing in their reception area for clients whilst booking in or picking up their pets.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Judy,

I would be sure to use royalty free music for that purpose. Music taste varies from person to person. But I often like pairing upbeat, happy music to go with my animal shows. Look around for something that says "yes" to you and that can appeal to a large age range of people.

Have you checked out Kevin MacLeod's stuff? You can browse by "Feel" of music which can help you nail down something appropriate. http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/ It takes time to look, listen and browse but he has some decent music on his site.

If you don't go with one of his pieces, an entire royalty free CD is often cheaper than buying one song if you can afford that. Look in the music section of the forum for lists of more websites if Kevin MacLeod's stuff doesn't appeal to you.

Either way, any song people are listening to day after day is likely to get stale though. LOL
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 pm

I don't know if it's royalty free, but I made a dog show video once and one of the songs I used in it was "How much is that doggy in the window" Can 't remember who sings it...Doris DAy maybe. One of the old crooners anyway.

Valued Member

Postby janera » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Somebody to Love - Britanny Murphy
You've Got A Friend in Me - Randy Newman
Alley Cat - Bent Fabric (instrumental)
Dog & Butterfly - Heart

Postby judyfirth » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:39 am

Thanks for all the replies. Over the years I've found... a slideshow can takes a few hours... but finding the right song can take days.

Postby Way2Go » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:42 pm

"Who let the dogs out?"

Music and video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sLR0vgpeWI&feature=related but I'm sure your movie will be much better.

W2G

Postby PhotoMill » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:58 pm

I would like to second Debbie's note about ensuring that whatever you play is Royalty Free especially given the fact that the Kennel will be a public place. Also ensure that you have the right license level of the RF music. Sync rights are a big factor when doing your search for location and medium music. The forum is loaded with info on the use and the rights of applying music to a show. Judyfirth is 100% on the mark about it taking so much time to get the right music.

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Return to Music Discussion