"Extreme Music" production music website

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

"Extreme Music" production music website

Postby debngar » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:01 am

Has anyone had any experience with this company? They have some really awesome vocal music. I believe they offer licenses for syncing to video productions and so forth. My intuition says the cost is prohibitive but I could be wrong. I haven't signed up to find out yet. I wish they would post the range of rates - from low to high so I could gather whether I would be wasting my time or not.

http://www.extrememusic.com/

I really like some of the Robbie Nevil songs that I stumbled on they have on that site ! :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: "Extreme Music" production music website

Postby Bart_B » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Debbie,

Interesting web site. Be nice if the posted any pricing information whatsoever without giving them all you personal information. Hope somebody knows something about this one.

Bart

Postby debngar » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Bart_B wrote:Debbie,

Interesting web site. Be nice if the posted any pricing information whatsoever without giving them all you personal information. Hope somebody knows something about this one.

Bart

Yeah... that's how I felt. I'm signed up for too many websites already....sheesh :roll:
Debbie

Postby Bart_B » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Bart_B wrote:without giving them all you personal information

And even more than that........I need to learn how to spell......

Bart

Postby heckydog » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 pm

googled a bit and found this post in a forum from 2007:

Hey there, welcome to the forums! Extrememusic tracks CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED by the general public. They're production tracks created specifically for broadcasting purposes. We give directions to listen to the songs, but they can't be downloaded. You won't find them anywhere on the net because the license restricts what the companies can do with the music, and it's severely doubtful that any company that'd put down the money requiered for access to the library (which is quite a bit) would leak the songs and risk getting fined (especially considering that it'd be fairly easy to find the leak). I know it sucks, but it's one of the things that keeps the industry alive, since acquiring broadcast rights for released songs is a LOT more expensive. Sorry sad (I was pretty bummed out when I found this out too).

Don't know if that's all still true or not.

Joe

Postby AMD » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:31 pm

As soon as I saw who some of their clients were, I knew they were out of my price range, anyway.

Ann

Postby debngar » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:44 pm

heckydog wrote:googled a bit and found this post in a forum from 2007:

Hey there, welcome to the forums! Extrememusic tracks CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED by the general public. They're production tracks created specifically for broadcasting purposes. We give directions to listen to the songs, but they can't be downloaded. You won't find them anywhere on the net because the license restricts what the companies can do with the music, and it's severely doubtful that any company that'd put down the money requiered for access to the library (which is quite a bit) would leak the songs and risk getting fined (especially considering that it'd be fairly easy to find the leak). I know it sucks, but it's one of the things that keeps the industry alive, since acquiring broadcast rights for released songs is a LOT more expensive. Sorry sad (I was pretty bummed out when I found this out too).

Don't know if that's all still true or not.

Joe

As soon as I saw who some of their clients were, I knew they were out of my price range, anyway.

Ann

Joe and Ann,

This is sort of what I had guessed all along, based on the quality of songs I was hearing on that site that anything coming from there would be out of my budget. Oh well. Of course TV broadcast rights are often way more expensive than what most people in the forum use music for but that site still probably would be cost prohibitive.

Thanks!
Debbie

Return to Music Discussion