sync licenses

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Re: sync licenses

Postby AMD » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:26 pm

SonicFire has some good sales quite often--I even picked up a couple of their more normally pricey vocals for around $30 an album as I recall. I don't believe I have actually paid full price for any of their albums and have several. I love their SonicFire Pro 5 program that lets one quickly access purchased tracks as well as listen to selections from the "store."

I have also ordered a few of the $8 and change (supposedly just shipping and handling) albums from Footage Firm. As a matter of fact, just ordered an "Easy Listening" one this week. There were a couple of tracks that sounded not bad on it. They come on DVD only but are shipped rather quickly. The e-mail indicated that they are releasing 10 new albums during February.

If you will just look around, there is quite a bit of royalty-free at reasonable prices; it's just not our popular music that we all know and love.

Ann

Postby Al Johnson » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi Ann & Mikey,

This forum has proven to be just awesome for me. Will check back often. Thanks to both of you, and you guys for making all of this available. There's more than enough info to get me started along nicely. This is great. Thanks!

Al.

Postby suegroovey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:39 am

Hi All, I have been meddling around with some slideshow tools and bump into this forum and noted that a lot of questions have been asked about getting music legally. I work with a royalty free music library and I will confirm that there are customers that have been sued before or have been slapped with crazy royalty bills prior for using popular commercial music. This is especially true for international customers where performance rights organizations claim royalties on most usages and self reporting is necessary for most usages. I don't mean this as a scare but some people think they will never be caught but although a minority are ever caught, it is best to build your business the right way as it may cost you more to save a little. As you can imagine, record companies and artists are now clamoring to make as much money as they can plus they are more web savvy these days and if your work does get on the internet, I would suggest purchasing music legally or find an artist to let you use their music royalty free with perpectual rights regardless of time of usage or geographic use or if they get signed or get a record deal. Those are the best options unless you can compose something from scratch or at least from samples.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:39 am

Suegroovey, everything you just said is so important that it ought to be a "sticky" here on the forum. Do it correctly from the beginning, and a person will never suffer the consequences of trying to get away with something that shouldn't have done in the first place. In a very real way, stealing someone's work is no different from stealing their car.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Previous

Return to Music Discussion