YTube Video Falsely Tagged for "audio" dispute

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

YTube Video Falsely Tagged for "audio" dispute

Postby debngar » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Someone falsely tagged a video I have on YouTube. I created it using royalty free music (license legally purchased from Shockwave-Sound). I immediately sent a dispute form to YouTube regarding the issue.

Here is the message as to why it was tagged:

may include content that is owned or licensed by these content owners:

* Content owner: GoDigital for a third party Type: Audio content

I received a license for use when I bought the music.

Googling "GoDigital" results in similar complaints by YouTube channel owners that GoDigital has does this to them too. Another company that legitimately sells royalty free music licenses allegedly has had trouble with them as well.

Just thought I'd share this as a heads up. It's hard enough to find and pay for decent music these days. No one should have to deal with this scam.

Once I submitted the dispute, the red banner describing the problem on the video disappeared. YouTube hasn't deleted the video, nor have they stripped the audio from the production.

Weird.

I never received any notification from YouTube that there was ever a problem in the first place.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: YTube Video Falsely Tagged for "audio" dispute

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:12 pm

It would seem that YouTube is aware of the scam and that's why the banner was removed, but it would seem the decent thing to at least apologize to people targeted as victims. It also makes me wonder why they haven't banned this supposed company.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:56 pm

BarbaraC wrote:It would seem that YouTube is aware of the scam and that's why the banner was removed, but it would seem the decent thing to at least apologize to people targeted as victims. It also makes me wonder why they haven't banned this supposed company.

Barbara

Just my speculation, but I doubt YouTube will likely ban the company or anything even remotely to that because they're in business with them.

GoDigital publicizes who they do business with on their website. YouTube is what they call a "distribution" partner.

See here:
http://godigitalmg.com/film.php

In addition, I received a personal email response back from Shockwave-Sound.com (same as owner of Lynne Publishing) who told me the piece of music I bought the license for is exclusively licensed to the company for distribution by the artist for a certain period of time. Essentially other companies can't sell licenses for the use of the music until that period of time is over.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 am

I just went to their web site but couldn't find much in between the lines of hyperbole. :D But yes, you're right. If they have an agreement with YouTube, then it would probably require lawsuits to break the connection, which would put YouTube in jeopardy. Sigh.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to Music Discussion