A new music source - does anyone know more?

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

A new music source - does anyone know more?

Postby tdew » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:22 am

I just saw this news clip - even though I had to listen to the advertisement before it would play...
http://news.yahoo.com/video/tech-15749651/20582266

It has to do with a new service that will offer music for you to use in your videos on you tube and places like that.
Friendly Music Service doesn't bring up anything further. Does anyone know more about this?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: A new music source - does anyone know more?

Postby seektheburd » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:43 am

Hi TDew,
Wow-- This is great for our non-commercial videos! There is a link to friendlymusic.com via RumbleFish where you can sign up for updates once the site launches tomorrow. Not sure on what tracks will be available at $1.99 per, but at least there finally are options for our family videos and the like.

http://www.friendlymusic.com

Hugs,
Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:49 am

A simple search in google, took me right to their website. If you watch the video and listen to the music that is being used, it sounds just like other RF instrumental music. The website does not list songs or artists that are available. I suspect that 99.999% are unknown artists. Maybe the website will offer more details tomorrow when it goes live. http://www.friendlymusic.com/

A song that I choose to buy at $1.99 is and will be much better for me. I never liked having to pay for an entire cd and then only use one song from it.

Kathy

Esteemed Member

Postby rlsu » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:18 am

Just looked at the website. It sounds like a great idea. I'm looking forward to see what songs they have tomorrow when the site goes live!
Michelle

Postby HunnyB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:30 am

This looks really interesting. Thanks!!
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby debngar » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:04 am

I noticed they're partnering with YouTube (see their website upper right corner). I am only guessing but perhaps the stuff already available via YouTube's "alternative" choices of music are the kinds of music that will be available. For now, probably just the RF kind we can get via DJ and other similar sites as Kathy pointed out.

What I'm wondering too though is if the $1.99 is for use for only one time or whether it's a royalty free use for life. My guess is it's only for use one time, one show, one production. But we won't know for sure until they post the TOU.

Debbie
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby HunnyB » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:18 am

ONE time, ONE show ---- NOT FOR ME. :evil:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby debngar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:22 am

Their $1.99 license fee allows for posting on YouTube and such but not for shows that you're getting paid for to create or if you have ads posted on your website for instance and get paid for that. They don't say what the additional commercial licensing fee would cost. :(

Their FAQ section explains that the $1.99 is only giving the purchaser the license to use the music for personal use, NON-COMMERCIAL shows only.
Debbie

Postby HunnyB » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:25 pm

So, could I use in my church shows? And shows for my friends rehearsal dinner and wedding?

I hope so. Oh, what about a show that would be for a Photodex contest?

I am not up on this stuff.
HunnyB

Postby debngar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:51 pm

HunnyB wrote:So, could I use in my church shows? And shows for my friends rehearsal dinner and wedding?

I hope so. Oh, what about a show that would be for a Photodex contest?

I am not up on this stuff.

Not sure about the rehearsal dinner and wedding. You would have to ask that company to be sure. I would say probably not for the church show because of the number of people involved and the Photodex contest is a definite commercial use because they can reuse your show for advertising purposes according to the contest TOU release you have to sign. Any site that is selling something is considered commercial use. Churches should be paying for every copy of sheet music they need for instance. Ours has a BMI license for using music in the services etc.

Contact the company to ask them about specific use. Only they can tell you for sure Hunny.
Debbie

Postby HunnyB » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks so much for the info Deb :D
HunnyB

Return to Music Discussion