MP3 MUSIC ORGANIZER DATABASE

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

MP3 MUSIC ORGANIZER DATABASE

Postby Amazing.Edna » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:30 am

We are in need of a new MP3 Music Organizer Database program? Suggestions?

Re: MP3 MUSIC ORGANIZER DATABASE

Postby BenM » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:59 am

I use ITunes, which works very well. And it's free.

VicGuy

Postby VicGuy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:49 pm

I still enjoy Media Monkey. They have a FREE version & paid. Easy to make Tag changes. I also enjoy Windows Media Player but you must get Windows Media Player Plus ( Free addon ) to make file lists easier to read. PLUS if you get WMP or itunes and you have lots of music, you may want TuneUp Companion. It's a paid application that EASILY allows you to drag over your music & IT WILL correct all info on ANY song such as Album, Title etc etc. Sure saves a lot of time editing tags.

Good Luck
Guy in Victoria

Postby Amazing.Edna » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Just downloaded Media Player Plus - that may be our solutions. Thanks

Amazing Edna

Postby ferdi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:21 am

I use J River Media Center for many years (only the mp3 part) and I'm very happy with it. It's a well structured and user friendly database with a good music player.

Ferdi

PS. This is my 1st post, so hello to everybody :)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:34 am

Ferdi,
Welcome to the forum. Now that you have stepped out of the shadows, keep posting. Your ideas and questions are welcomed.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby Amazing.Edna » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:52 am

Thanks Ferdi
will check it out ............

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:15 pm

I'll second the Media Monkey suggestion. Very, very good software and free.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby tdew » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:48 am

I went and got the Media Monkey plus based on the recommendations here and am very happy with it.
Since moving to a computer with Windows 7, I hadn't decided on what to use. My older XP had the old Music Match software on it - but that's long gone...
I also had the Creative music database but don't use that anymore either.

Before deciding on the Media Monkey I looked at the Windows Media Center that's on the computer. I didn't like it at all. Though the pictures of the "albums" were fun to see, the effort required to browse through the lists was too cumbersome for me. I function much better with straight lists.

Postby krankyfranky » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi
This is my first ever posting. I am an old Musicmatch 8.2 user & have found it to be the best music organiser I've ever found, it works great with Windows XP as long as you don't have Internet Explorer higher than Version 8.Since the advent of Vista (YUK) and Windows 7, I've found that Musicmatch won't work with Vista, however it may work with Windows 7 in compatibility mode.
I've since found a great free program called MusicBee (www.getmusicbee.com) which works well with all versions of windows & is nearly as good as musicmatch, & a lot simpler than Media Monkey, which is also a great program, the only thing it wont do is burn to a disk, however you can export any of the mp3 files to any folder of your P.C. i.e your Proshow work folder. try it you'll like it!

KrankyFranky

Return to Music Discussion