Buying music in Canada

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Buying music in Canada

Postby scorpion » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:19 am

Sorry if this has been asked before.....I want to build up my music library with MP3's but unable to find a good web site to download from. Unfortunately since I live in Canada I'm not allowed to download from the popular sites like Amazon, Rhapsody etc. If there is anyone living in Canada here, where do you go for your music?

Thanks,

Steve
Steve

VicGuy

Re: Buying music in Canada

Postby VicGuy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:04 am

In Canada we have itunes.ca, Puretracks.com, we also have Limewire which is NOW selling music legally. Our Laws will soon change ( probably by Fall ) and sites like Limeshare Pro will be forced to report illegal downloads. However until then it is still legal in Canada, BUT for some not ethical. That is a personal choice in Canada.
You can also have friends share their music with you through websites that allow huge downloads, in some cases 4gigs.
But as always, although our laws are fairly free at the moment, IS your conscious ?

Guy in Victoria

Re: Buying music in Canada

Postby scorpion » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:42 am

Hello fellow Victorian,

In my younger days I used to download my fair share of music without paying for it. Then my hard drive crashed and I lost everything.....serves me right for not backing up. Anyways.....that was then and this is now. I currently want to purchase MP3's from some legit web sites. With the laws constantly changing in Canada who knows what is going to be illegal tomorrow. I've got no problems now paying for music as long as it's at a fair price. Also as long I don't have to buy a CD with 12 songs on it and I only want just 1. I'll check out the web sites you mentioned.

Thanks again,

Steve
the other guy in Victoria :D
Steve

Return to Music Discussion